My next trip to Canada...

mozey

Long Time Member
I'm going to have to stock up on a bunch of these:
11234.jpeg
And yes, I did eat several of these (and similar) while on my hunt...:cool:

That is very cool Mozey. Maybe you can use them when you follow up your CDT venture with the Appalachian Trail. Come back 20lbs more than when you started.

Will you report back about your process of traveling to Canada with a firearm and meat as I will possibly be driving doing the same process in a couple years and curious about what paperwork I will need to bring and provide to enter the country with a firearm and hopefully leave the country and enter the US with meat.

Will you report back about your process of traveling to Canada with a firearm and meat as I will possibly be driving doing the same process in a couple years and curious about what paperwork I will need to bring and provide to enter the country with a firearm and hopefully leave the country and enter the US with meat.
Wish I could tell you about the meat, but I pretty much got fogged out on my hunt, so I can only speak to firearms and fish. For the fish, no one at either border even raised an eyebrow.

For the firearms, it was tougher getting into Canada this time than my two previous times due to what I would say was probably the inexperience of the person checking me, who was obviously a novice about guns. But otherwise, no sweat going from Canada to Alaska, and then back into Canada from Alaska, and then finally back to the lower 48. If you'd like more details, I'll pm them to you.

What I would caution is if you prefill the Canadian firearms forms, make sure your print mode is shrink to fit, or else put a legal size paper in your printer so it doesn't cut off any part of the forms. I think this must be a common problem... :)

Wish I could tell you about the meat, but I pretty much got fogged out on my hunt, so I can only speak to firearms and fish. For the fish, no one at either border even raised an eyebrow.

For the firearms, it was tougher getting into Canada this time than my two previous times due to what I would say was probably the inexperience of the person checking me, who was obviously a novice about guns. But otherwise, no sweat going from Canada to Alaska, and then back into Canada from Alaska, and then finally back to the lower 48. If you'd like more details, I'll pm them to you.

What I would caution is if you prefill the Canadian firearms forms, make sure your print mode is shrink to fit, or else put a legal size paper in your printer so it doesn't cut off any part of the forms. I think this must be a common problem... :)
I would greatly appreciate any and all details for traveling into BC and then back to the lower 48 since I’m thinking I am going to drive instead of fly here in the coming years.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom