My prediction

D

driftersifter

Gas prices will drop to about 3.50 by Oct 15th. Why you may ask? You tell me first and see if we agree.
Driftersifter

Because demand has dipped, the dollar has bounced back a bit, and speculators believe additional drilling will allow more oil to be produced. BTW, the value of the American dollar is the single BIGGEST factor in the price of oil today!

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

Good answer Eel.

I just saw headlines that mentioned gas prices going up because there "MAY" be a hurricane.

hmmmmmmmmm?

I think gas prices go up because we "MAY" pay for whatever they charge. Or maybe we just don't have a choice.

criminals

zigga, don't you ever get tired of being a 'victim'? Have you ever bought stocks? If so, what happens when profits "MAY" be lower for the company(s) you own stock in? Does that not affect the price of the product? Think about it! The price of wheat changes based on what "MAY" happen over the growing season, does that make your pal dude a "criminal'? Talk about not having a clue about economics and market forces.

My prediction is that liberals like zigga will continue to blame their self inflicted misery on those who get it done w/o government assistance!

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-08 AT 10:06AM (MST)[p]Isn't it funny how Pelosi and her hordes keep saying that opening up add'l sources of oil won't have any impact on the price, yet the mere thought of a hurricane that might go thru the oil fields sends prices up 3% in one day.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Oh, and I also think that gas will be around $3.50 by late fall due to falling demand (caused by high prices and less winter driving) a strengthening dollar and the fact that the country is in favor of developing both new sources of and alternative to the use of fossil fuels.

Unless Israel attacks Iran, then all bets are off.

>

>
>I think gas prices go up
>because we "MAY" pay for
>whatever they charge. Or
>maybe we just don't have
>a choice.
>
>
>criminals

Zigga,

When did it become criminal in this country to charge a consumer what the market will bear? Isn't that what has made this country great? You know that whole capitalism thing about supply and demand?

What is in it for oil companies to ruin the market they serve? Are corporations set up in order to make profits for share holders or to provide low cost below market cost goods to consumers?

You certainly understand very little about risk and reward, supply and demand etc, basically you could be John McCain.

Nemont

I hope we're lower than that considering the so called "end of the driving season" is on Monday, and we normally see a dip in prices barring a disaster like a hurricane or Israel bombing Iran.

Prices as of the 25th put the national average at $3.65

I'm with Eel on this one the republicans will use this as an economy improver to help them get that 3% of the vote that hasn't made up thier minds and win back the presidential chair. if You look at the last election fuel went down right before November and then shot back up after the results were in. There are other factors of course but I see that as a main driving force this time around.
Driftersifter

When Obama wins we won't have to worry about fuel prices any more because we'll have public tranportation from the goverment. that way the poor will be on the same level as the rich. every body will be equal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom