My season fit right here

martinc

I started in northern BC, with Greg Williams, Golden Bear Outfitting, in late August, early September. I got a nice 10-year old Stone Sheep and a big Mountain Goat.

2441img_2313.jpg

25772014-2.jpg

Then last week I was bowhunting in my home province of Qu?bec,for moose. I shot that bull at 30 yards after calling him in.

9407dsc_1346.jpg

I would rank that season a my best ever.

Congrats on the trophies! That would rank as a successful hunting career to most people, let alone all in one season!

Thanks for the good words guys. You can't go wrong with Golden Bear, as long as you can walk and shoot reasonably straight you should get your animals. Grest outfit, great trip.

The moose I'm very proud of. Our moose hunting in QC isn't unlike hunting elk in Colorado, plenty of animals ( of course moose are never as plentiful as elk ) but with some hunting pressure and lower quality overall. So it is a good bull for a bowhunter here.

Awfully impressive row of "once in a lifetime" hunts.
All in one year almost seems like too fast to enjoy, but I am sure you are now soaking it in.
Very nice.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-14 AT 08:57PM (MST)[p]
Toutes sont beaux animaux Martin, mais j'aime l'orignal le meilleur...bien fait avec l'arc et des fleches; c'est un des mes reves, ca
Chappeau!

++edit---stupid mobile auto-correct! :)

A stone sheep was my dream animal, the hunt I would have chosen if I had to go on only one more hunt. I think it is the most beautiful animal in North America. Adding a goat tag was a great option, since Golden Bear has so many big goats.

The bull moose is my 3rd with the bow, but my best one and is now one of my sweetest trophies.

I'm still on cloud 9 from that season...

Adam I did'nt know you spoke Frenchy...;)

I will second that adds up to most hunters...actually not most but just a few that get three animals like that in a lifeitme

I bet that Stone Sheep hunt was fantastic.
Love the country that sheep is in.
Stunning photograph as well. The sheep almost looks alive.
Congratulations.

72logo.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-14 AT 11:37AM (MST)[p]Wonderful season Mr Martinc!
Your successes might inspire others to reach a little higher. I know it has for me!
There's nothing quite like Stone sheep country and nothing quite like the "black" sheep! Oh, the other stuff is pretty cool too.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom