My Son Got A Turkey ( on publickland )

S

Slide

I'm so excited to tell everyone who will listen that my 10yr old son got his second turkey in two years this last Saturday. The boy made a GREAT shot to bring the bird down. Last year was his first year hunting and he was lucky enough to take a turkey then, now this year he did it again. I'm so proud of him I can't even begin to explain how proud I am. It was a really exciting hunt for me and for him. My son shot the bird at 40yds using a Remington Youth Model 870 with a full choke and Federal Flight Control 3" #5's. Saturday was his third day of hunting this year, after getting up early and hiking his little legs off he was finally rewarded with a beautiful bird.

My son has been hunting now for one solid year and has been fortunate enough to take the following.

5- ducks
3- quail
2- turkeys
1- pigeon
2- doves
2- pheasants
1- grouse

I'm so proud of him, he really works hard. We got up at 3;30 a.m. on Saturday and walkde several miles. The boy never say's a word.

I'm a very proud father. I don't know how to post pictures, I do have three pictures on my camera phone but I don't know how to post them or I would share.

Just beaming with pride,

Slide

Sounds like you got a real hunter there slide!! that boys off to a good start! thats something to be proud of..tell him congrats for me!
Mike

those moments are the best things about being "dad"! way to go!
great start before the big game starts!
I wish I could pry my son away form his computer enough to hunt with me every time I go...
this year will be better I think for us..

Rackmaster

Thanks alot guys I really appreciate it. Yes that is the best thing about being a dad, just hearing that sound in his voice when he said " I got him daddy, I got him", I will never forget it.

Yes he is quite a little hunter and to be totally honest with you the really best part was when we got home and he said " thanks dad for taking me and thanks for calling in that bird" that was the best for me. To know he appreciates it.

Slide

Outstanding, congratulations to your son. I think the best part of hunting is getting to do it with kids. I've had so many great memories hunting with my son, and you're starting to have them with yours. Enjoy every day with him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom