My Sports Hero

Longun

Long Time Member
This is my daughter. Not to be bragging but I am very proud of her.
44386e0b6a994599.jpg

You should be very proud of her. Most people don't understand the amount of work that is required to play any division I sport. She has obviously excelled. I did get eye strain trying to read her career stats at the bottom of the page had to get out the magnifying glass. Now I understand the reason for your screen name she obviously got your height. Congragulations again I'm sure you played a big part in her success.

At least she is better looking than her dad. LOL Mike, I thought she was going to college in Idaho?

My great-niece just finished her basketball season in High School and was voted the Schools MVP and she had a career high of 1800 points in Basketball and forgot how many 3 points she had accumulated too, she was the target by other schools to take out but she held her ground. Haven't heard anymore but she was suppose to send her video to the head coach at North Carolina State.

Brian

Now lets brag about the parents! Alot of people don't realize the sacrifices parents make when helping their children pursue their goals. How much time and money is spent for them is non-calculative. We do it for love and in most cases the adrenalin rush when the competition begins. It's great that the kids get a free education for 5 years, but the cash and credit cards continue to fall prey to other expenditures related to supporting them. Like, ariplane tickets, motels and food. Hell we spent more on flights and room and board in the years after high school than before college. My wife and I met some wonderful people all over the country sharing good times while providing the oppurtunities for our boys.Congrats Longun.

Thanks for the comments everybody.
Cornhusker-I don't know where she got her height, I'm only 5'11" and her Mom is only 5'6". She has averaged 9.8 points per game in 3 years. She was the WAC Freshman of the year in 2003.
Hey Brian-yep she definetly didn't get her looks from me! She transferred from Boise Stae last year and red shirted and now is going to play her last year at Oregon. She wanted tougher competion and she's got it in the PAC-10. They even picked up her scholarship too! Man was I glad. $29,000.00 a year at Oregon!!
As for Academics she is averaging a 3.5 grade point too.
She wants to go play Pro Ball in Australia next year. I hope so--then can send DAD on a RED STAG HUNT IN NEW ZEALAND!! HEHE

I say brag away , and congrats ! We too are busy as our daughters are also athletes , my 13 year old plays fastpitch softball for the NM Sundancers and we travel year round to tournys . We'll be in OK for the College World Series as she will be moving up in division to play a tourny there and on to Hutchinson KS in Aug for the USSSA World Series . Also my cousin runs for Stanford , he has his own web page provided by the university , so we already know of the tuition your talking about . Division 1 is our goal , my daughter just turned in a 3.7 GPA , so we are close ....Again , Longun , congrats....

Great story.
Nice to hear stories like this here.
Brag and brag away!
Good luck to her in the future and congrats to both of you.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

They don't have a college in Adin????????LOL! Way to go Longun. Our daughter played basketball up to Jr. High. Then she found out she was sweating......NOT COOL!:) Now my grandson is playing Little League baseball. They live about 7 hours away and it just kills me that I can't be involved.

I share in your pride! That's great!

Steve

That is SWEEET!
Congrats longun. My kids are to young yet but I am sure, at least hoping to be able to brag like that as well.
BRAG, BROTHER, BRAG!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom