My Topo.com Waterproof Maps

HuntElk4Fun_

Has anyone ever ordered or used their tear resistant/waterproof maps? I have some maps I'm looking at getting printed on thier material, but curious the quality and/or thoughts anyone might have before I do. Thanks for any info.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

A little spendy, but excellent and durable.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

I just recieved mine in the mail. They're great! If you know the exact location your gonna hunt be sure to check the box with the closest ratio. Also try the color aerial maps. 1:5,000 you can see the terrain real good. Happy Hunting

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-07 AT 06:48PM (MST)[p]I've actually built the maps I want, I just want them printed. The local shops just don't get it. So, I'm leaning to them and looking for the best waterproof paper/price out there. Quoted me $30 for a 36x48" map.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

I have gone to the 36x48 size with the lon/lat inserted for GPS cross reference as the maps are downloaded onto my GPS.

Sure they are a little bulky when folded but the tear and water proofing is worth it.

My big maps stays in my pack and I just use my GPS.

It would be 10 (or part of 10) seperate Topo maps @ $7.00 each but with this larger map it was $31.45 shipped to my door in less than 3 days...

Robb

Another ya vote..... One area I hunt is right in the southwest corner of the USGS quad. Had to put 4 maps together just to get a bearing on a 3or4 sq mi area. Drove me nuts, wind blowin....raining....cold...hungry, you get the picture. With mytopo I just centered the map on the area I wanted and wahlah... Great resource....Ryan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom