My Wy buck

WHT_MTNMAN

I had a great backpacking trip with my wife but was a little disappointed in the quality of bucks I saw. Since I live in Az it makes scouting hard, we arrived 2 days early and this was the biggest buck we saw. 31" wide at tips somewhere high 160s low 70s. Still had a great time.

20180915-191414.jpg

IMG-20180921-093626-706.jpg

20180913-132631.jpg

20180915-190504.jpg

Great buck and time spent with wife can't beat that trip thanks for sharing.

Life ain't about waiting for the Strom to pass.Its about learning to hunt in the rain!

Why yes she is Homer. I couldn't be more lucky and trust me I'm aware. She makes good looking kids too.

My grandfathers funeral the week after we got back from that trip.

Screenshot-20190422-210700-Gallery.jpg

Really nothing wrong with that buck given 1. You were Hunting with your wife. 2. Sounds like you weren't able to scout. 3. You arrived two days before the rifle which means the more sought after bucks already had been pressured for 12 days during the archery. Call me crazy or just reading your post wrong but I'm not quite sure what it was you were wanting with your scenario. That's a shooter buck for 80% of guys on here on a general unit.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Since I was with my wife I was happy or I would not have pulled the trigger. Dont get me wrong I'm not complaining, but 3 years ago I had seen quite a few larger bucks and so I found it a little disappointing that this was the largest buck I saw. I am wondering if it was the winter kill couple years back or the large # of guys the outfitters packed in. I am not real familiar with Wy but my first trip was different. All in all I love being able to get a tag every 2 or 3 years and at least hunt mule deer. Mule deer #s are down all across the west and it is tough to see.

Congrats on a respectable buck. The older I get the more I want to share my adventures with family as well!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

The hunts I've been on with my wife are my favorite hunts, congratulations.[font face="verdana" color="green"]
Jake Swensen

Very nice, Any hunt with family is a good one even if it's just a armed camping trip.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom