MZ Social Media Rumor MillšŸ˜ 

Another possible legislative action? I wouldnā€™t put anything past a politician or people that want to get their way.

Another possible legislative action? I wouldnā€™t put anything past a politician or people that want to get their way.
More likely wanting advance notice on what type of products will have future demand. Firearm Manufacturers have not been great at keeping product lines current with new legislation.

I was in the Midvale Sportsmans Warehouse last week and stopped briefly at the trapping section, nearly all their coil spring traps had straight jaws which is illegal in Utah. I pointed it it out to a worker and told him Utah requires padded or offset jaws and they should make the buyer aware of this. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s as far as it got.

If the S/W buyer isnā€™t made aware of this they will look at the volume of traps sold and start phasing traps out because they donā€™t sell and be completely clueless as to why.

Possibly A New Build With Optics Included?

Did Ya Tell Them The New Gun Should Be Called The DRATville Special?

I received a phone call directly from a CVA Board Of Directors asking me if the rumors going around on Social Media are true about Utah being in the process of reversing the 1x ruling.

Unbelievable.......šŸ¤¬

I received a phone call directly from a CVA Board Of Directors asking me if the rumors going around on Social Media are true about Utah being in the process of reversing the 1x ruling.

Unbelievable.......šŸ¤¬
Letā€™s hope itā€™s true! And letā€™s hope that the rumors are true that youā€™re the first person stepping down from all the boards to give another talking head a shot and saving the herds. Since you obviously canā€™t do it in your years of yakking. šŸ˜‚

Unbelievable.......šŸ¤¬
I've not seen anything about this other than your post.

When you say "utah" who exactly are you referring too?

Hmmm. A call from a member of the ā€œCVA Board of Directors.ā€ Didnā€™t know they had a board. Iā€™ve gotta be honest, it would shock me that anyone on said board would even be smart enough to make a phone callā€¦šŸ¤£

Hey diablo?

CVA Has Came Way Up In The Gun Department In Recent Years!

When I Was Younger I Swear To GAWD I'd Never Buy Another CVA Gun Ever!

Hmmm. A call from a member of the ā€œCVA Board of Directors.ā€ Didnā€™t know they had a board. Iā€™ve gotta be honest, it would shock me that anyone on said board would even be smart enough to make a phone callā€¦šŸ¤£

My misunderstanding, Director of marketing, not Board.

Position isn't the point, social media rumors are what my thread is about.

Same BS I'm reading daily that rangefinders, compound bows and magnum caliber rifles are next.

Not to mention the mind blowing amount of people STILL saying this was a move to "save deer"šŸ™„

Last edited:
Maybe they need to go after clothing and boots.. with the technology and advancements taken there could help save herds as we are able to stay comfortable and go longer. Maybe next is to make everyone drive the 70s station wagons as well. Lol all good humor on my text. But seriously maybe need to bring back some poisons for the preds, and leave roadkills so it slow the people down as to help them realize how many they thump on the roads. Seen several this year at the annual tree hugging festival at pando

But Then Again!

I Can Hear The BS Excuses Already:

But I'm Too F'N LAZY To Hike!

I Wanna RIP Mother Earth To F'N Pieces!

It's MY Right!

Full F'N Camo!

BALLS TO THE WALL!

RIP & F'N SHRED!

Same BS I'm reading daily that rangefinders, compound bows and magnum caliber rifles are next.

Not to mention the mind blowing amount of people STILL saying this was a move to "save deer"šŸ™„
Riiiight. Only place this is posted is by you and here. Sounds like you want drama and fabricated it.

Slam,
You cannot argue that a mature buck not killed on the muzzy hunt is indeed a ā€˜savedā€™ buck available to be killed on the ALW hunt!
No matter how you dissect the motives or the intentions of the TC or the WB the vote that took place last week does indeed 100% save a buck from at least being killed by a muzzy if the shot needed a higher than one power scope on it to make said shot.

Letā€™s hope itā€™s true! And letā€™s hope that the rumors are true that youā€™re the first person stepping down from all the boards to give another talking head a shot and saving the herds. Since you obviously canā€™t do it in your years of yakking. šŸ˜‚

Good point!! You figured it out alright. The tech committee wasn't made to combat tech. It was actually the saving herds committee. Top secret though, that's why they didn't name it the saving deer herd committee.

So I agree. Time for slam to step down from the top secret saving the herds committee.

What a tool

Stop lying.

We all know you were in a top secret "saving the herds" Committee.

Riiiight. Only place this is posted is by you and here. Sounds like you want drama and fabricated it.

Probably should look around more.

Utards are busy tarding

By now I'm surprised all the committee members social security numbers are in the web. There's some real quality dudes.

I don't doubt at all tards are calling CVA trying to get them involved with legislation.

"For the children", of course, don't want to lose kids

Slam,
You cannot argue that a mature buck not killed on the muzzy hunt is indeed a ā€˜savedā€™ buck available to be killed on the ALW hunt!
No matter how you dissect the motives or the intentions of the TC or the WB the vote that took place last week does indeed 100% save a buck from at least being killed by a muzzy if the shot needed a higher than one power scope on it to make said shot.
But this is not the "purpose" and shouldn't be viewed that way.

The ALW hunts have always have always had the highest success rates, always will.

Isn't this a similar claim that archery guys could use against muzzleloaders?
"We can't reach them, the muzzleloaders have the advantage right after us".

Keeping the modern muzzleloaders tame Isn't a bad thing.

Where did you learn to be so horrible at ASSuming you know everything?

So because you personally haven't heard anything, I fabricated it?

I hadn't heard anything about an "reversal" either, but because someone in the muzzleloader industry has, I fabricated it for drama?

Crawl back into your den and stop worrying about things that don't affect you in Alaska.

If Utah shut down hunting it would be a lot like Cali, except the dudes in Utah where sequined pants.

But this is not the "purpose" and shouldn't be viewed that way.

The ALW hunts have always have always had the highest success rates, always will.

Isn't this a similar claim that archery guys could use against muzzleloaders?
"We can't reach them, the muzzleloaders have the advantage right after us".

Keeping the modern muzzleloaders tame Isn't a bad thing.
Your archery analogy is 100% correct!!
Any tech cut to archery ā€˜savesā€™ a Deer that could be cut down by a muzzy.
Letā€™s just all be honest and call it what it is.
And donā€™t forget, I am the one who wanted muzzy tech cut all the way down and equal to Idaho.
That should have made all ALW hunters super happy.
As proof that last weekā€™s WB decision was not about ā€˜savingā€™ some mature bucks from muzzy hunters, find me ONE dedicated ALW hunter that was not rooting for the WB to cut back muzzleloader tech.
If the cut was to protect the ā€˜spiritā€™ of the hunt, the TC would have went after the components and ignition configuration.
We had scopes in the 70ā€™s.
Transparency is all that is being asked for then we can all go back to getting along with each other.

Your archery analogy is 100% correct!!
Any tech cut to archery ā€˜savesā€™ a Deer that could be cut down by a muzzy.
Letā€™s just all be honest and call it what it is.
And donā€™t forget, I am the one who wanted muzzy tech cut all the way down and equal to Idaho.
That should have made all ALW hunters super happy.
As proof that last weekā€™s WB decision was not about ā€˜savingā€™ some mature bucks from muzzy hunters, find me ONE dedicated ALW hunter that was not rooting for the WB to cut back muzzleloader tech.
If the cut was to protect the ā€˜spiritā€™ of the hunt, the TC would have went after the components and ignition configuration.
Transparency is all that is being asked for then we can all go back to getting along with each other.
Actually there were a lot of ALW hunters complaining.
Calling it "overreach" and scared there's would be next.

Save the deer herd committee sounds about right which Iā€™m not against if thatā€™s the case. But they got to come out and say it no more smoke and mirrors.

Where did you learn to be so horrible at ASSuming you know everything?

So because you personally haven't heard anything, I fabricated it?

I hadn't heard anything about an "reversal" either, but because someone in the muzzleloader industry has, I fabricated it for drama?

Crawl back into your den and stop worrying about things that don't affect you in Alaska.
Where is my opinion on scopes on muzzyā€™s? Iā€™m not worried about Utah rumors at all. I donā€™t care but I will call out BS when I see it and where ones residence is has no relevance.

You really thought we would believe anyone from CVA reached out to you? Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one to call you out on your BS. I think those steroids you hock are getting to your head.

Me. (If I can be defined as ā€œdedicated.ā€ I mostly walk around the hills ā€œunseriouslyā€ā€¦)

Not on muzzleloaders in Utah! Cā€™mon Mr Shane, for a post asking for truth and transparency, this one missed the mark!

Where is my opinion on scopes on muzzyā€™s? Iā€™m not worried about Utah rumors at all. I donā€™t care but I will call out BS when I see it and where ones residence is has no relevance.

You really thought we would believe anyone from CVA reached out to you? Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one to call you out on your BS. I think those steroids you hock are getting to your head.

I didn't know you get regular updates on Utah wildlife legislation if you buy the mtn ops height enhancement, firebull eartuck cap combo.

Save the deer herd committee sounds about right which Iā€™m not against if thatā€™s the case. But they got to come out and say it no more smoke and mirrors.
They have......multiple times, as have i.....at least in 50 posts.

Slam.

I struggle with reading comprehension. I struggle with English as a whole.

Are you saying the TECH Committee, and the MULE DEER committee are different?

Is the ELK committee different than the MULE DEER committee?

This is all very confusing.

Is there a FREAKING PAY ATTENTION committee I could speak with?

Slam.

I struggle with reading comprehension. I struggle with English as a whole.

Are you saying the TECH Committee, and the MULE DEER committee are different?

Is the ELK committee different than the MULE DEER committee?

This is all very confusing.

Is there a FREAKING PAY ATTENTION committee I could speak with?
There's definitely a need for a "pay attention" committee!šŸ¤£

I propose we get rid of dedicated archery and muzzle loader seasons. Make 2 ALW seasons. Choose your weapons and go hunting. Too much bitching about tech.

For You Hossy It's:

PAY-A-F'N-TENTION!

Bessy, in anticipation of Utahā€™s new muzzy regulations, I went and made some investments. I didnā€™t have room in the safe so I did something a little more decorative over the mantle. What do you think? Iā€™ll have to decide which one to use!

IMG_9781.jpeg

Me. (If I can be defined as ā€œdedicated.ā€ I mostly walk around the hills ā€œunseriouslyā€ā€¦)

Not on muzzleloaders in Utah! Cā€™mon Mr Shane, for a post asking for truth and transparency, this one missed the mark!
Okay, I made a mistake on the muzzy scopes allowed for hunting in our early years, my bad.
I had seen them back then and assumed they were for hunting, must have been for target practice only.
I apologize for the assumption.
I just checked the 1979 Utah Big Game guide book ( I used that year since our TC wanted to protect the spirit of the hunt when Utah had muzzy hunts back then) and looked up definition of muzzleloader:
1979 Utah muzzy regs=
Open iron sights only.
One barrel.
Must be loaded at muzzle only.
Black Powder only.

Iā€™m all for protecting the spirit of our early muzzleloader hunt, letā€™s get to copy and pasting in our own early Utah regulations.
Sound good WB?

That's A STUPID Question!

You Lay Em All In The Back Seat Of Your CREW CAB!

Load Em Up!

There Ain't A Limit On How Many Guns You Can Pack!

YET!

Bessy, in anticipation of Utahā€™s new muzzy regulations, I went and made some investments. I didnā€™t have room in the safe so I did something a little more decorative over the mantle. What do you think? Iā€™ll have to decide which one to use!

View attachment 128678

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom