N/R Archery Deer?

Just curious to see what everyone's opinion is concerning Archery Mule Deer. I have only 1 point as a N/R and wondering what I should do? I want a great tag, but not sure I can draw within the next 10 or so years. What do you all think? Thanks!

I would put in for 12a. I had a buddy that drew the tag a couple years ago with no points so it shouldn't take you too long to draw. Most of the units south of the ditch are over the counter so just because you may not draw doesn't mean you don't get to archery deer hunt.

I'd buy an OTC tag every year and continue putting in the draw. You won't burn any points that way. There are also a lot of units that offer exceptional hunts that a non- resident can draw with very few points besides the kiabab. You might as well buy the OTC archery tag because you still have to buy a license in order to apply for the general hunts.

Gun control is a good aim and a steady rest

Like Cody suggested, apply for 12A. You will likely be playing catch-up for eons waiting for 13AorB

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

+1 What mesquitehunter said

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

Worth the wait if you have 25 years or so to wait! He only has 1 point! Buy the tag and have fun. Apply for the strip/kiabab hunts during the interrum. Buying the tag will not cause you to lose any points, and you still get to hunt some great bucks!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom