N. Utah Moose set

G

gon4elk

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-10 AT 12:39PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-10 AT 12:38?PM (MST)

Went for a little jaunt after work Friday afternoon and found this set within 6 feet of each other at the base of a Mahogany.

Still a lot of snow but the sun had melted around these so I could see them.

Been moose horn hunting in this particular area for 20 yrs now and have been fortunate enough to find over 100 pcs of moose palms in that time. The sad thing is the quality of moose has really gone down hill over the last 4-5 years. This year the quantity has really gone down hill too.

It's still good to get out.

67340312101613a.jpg

25770312101614a.jpg

Great Finds! I don't live out that way so I had no idea there were moose in Utah. Cool!

cool always enjoy moose pics and yes the fish and game did a number on the ogden unit didn't they. 4 years ago i seen probably 40 bulls or more in the areas i search last year 3 and this year 6. granted i looked more 4 years ago than the last two but the number of bulls and cows are down. used to be one of the best units not now.

Mooseman - I know your Brother. Traded him some moose palms for some pheasants few years ago. He took me in your house showed me your collection - very nice. Yes the Ogden is a thing of the past. The amount of tags they still offer has all but wiped out the good bulls, glad I got my moose tag 5 years ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom