Name the cartridge #11

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
You beat me to it Bessy. For anyone that has nothing to do pn a saturday.
607image.jpg

John if you could only have one what would it be?

"You'll never get a big one if you shoot a little one"

Well we have been having a lot of fun shooting the 50 cal and just started shooting the 408. Which we have one rifle that shoots both with a barrel and bolt change. One of the fifties just shoots fifties . So two for one there.
I have been enjoying my 300 Tejas as of late. Working up different loads ,playing with it at different yardages.
My 338 win mag I have had for over twenty years. I have total trust in it. Fast and light to shoot off had and reaches out to 600 yards pretty well load w/185 grain Barnes. But my son has fell in love with it and shoots it a lot now.
I got my Browning 30 06 bar for my 15th birthday.In the desert I would hunt jack rabbits with it. Being its a auto loader. Felt it made me a better deer hunter. I used it for deer and elk until I got the 338 for elk. Then I started shooting the 338 for everything. My oldest son started shooting my 30 06 .
I shot my first elk with the 444 Marlin. We would use it for a brush gun. I would always being the one pushing timber. It had iron sights and a heavy bullet not to deflect off trees and brush.
But then again you always need a 22 long rifle. Cant beat a 22 for plunking!
Then you need a shotgun for upland hunting. Cant live with out a good shotgun.
Well Peak ? I guess it's a good thing we live in America !! I don't think I could just choose one. ;-)

BIGJOHNT

I shoot a 338 win mag, and I also use the Barnes 185 grain. Whats your load recipe if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks!

BIGJOHNT

I also shoot a 338 win mag, and love it! I also use the 185 gr Barnes. Was wondering what your load recipe is?

Thanks!

I just use the Barnes manual . It said most accurate load IMR 4831 max load 73.5 My Browning A bolt with a 26" barrel kicks the 185 grain bullet out just at a average of 3200 fps. My gun likes it, so thats what works for me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom