Nanny Ibex Quota

maxxbob1

I got a "Feb 21 - Mar 31, 2013 F/IM Ibex Hunt Information" sheet from Game & Fish. The quota will be a little higher than I expected. Immature males will count toward your two Ibex needed to qualify for the either sex incentive hunt drawing, but they won't count toward the 125 female Ibex quota that will shut the hunt down. "Historical harvest data shows that a percentage of the harvested Ibex are young males, however these will not count against the harvest limit." Hunters are required to check in by cell phone every day before hunting to see if the 125 female quota has been reached.
-- Bob

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-13 AT 00:21AM (MST)[p]I think that the Rock is gonna be a war zone on 2-21 . I never liked wearing orange and am glade in NM we don't have to but if I were huntin the Floridas that weekend ( I'm not ) I'd look like a punkin , head to toe orange . Some brave soul should film this hunt . I was with a buddy on the archery hunt last weekend and we probably saw 10 maybe 12 other hunters and I thought that was crowded I can't imagine what 400, 500, 600,or maybe more guys with rifles would be like . Sounds Spooky

If you went on the archery hunt and saw 10-12 other hunters, maybe you should have gotten out of the truck. I spent a week bivy hunting it during last year's second archery hunt and didn't see a single person walking on the mountain.

I'll be there to tag my 2 on the first day. Don't doubt it will be a warzone with "Best of the West" as inspiration, most people I'm sure will be long range hunters.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom