NDOW tag return policy????

180SST

After 3 years of putting in for the draw and only recieving pp's, my dad and I drew a muzzle loader tag for deer in the state of Nevada! We were getting really excited to go having all our gear packed up, guns all sighted in, maps all highlighted.... Then out of the blue I got a little sick with a fever and body ache. I made an appointment with my doctor, assuming I was getting a sinus infection. After a blood test, the doctor called me the next morning and had me come in to the office to give me the news. I was in way worse shape than I had thought. I was diagnosed with A.L.L. ( acute lymphoid leukemia )!!! And immediately rushed 4.5 hours away from home to Stanford hospital where I ended up staying for a month hooked to machines with a mask on and away from my children. I was just able to get out today 10-4-12! Well here's my big problem now besides still fighting for my life and relocating next to the hospital for 6 months and so on. Through all this I called the NDOW the day I found out I was diagnosed which was 9-4-12 to find out how to turn in my tag and save my points, so I could hopefully hunt next year god willing. The man on the phone told me to have a doctors note and to send the tag in and as long as it was post marked before the opening day of the season, they would review it and decide if I were eligible for the refund of money for my tag and my points as well. ?I then did exactly what the man said and spent the $18.95 to next day the tag and the letter from my doctor at Stanford medical center/ oncology dept. I have the reciept that states the package was sent on 9-7-12! I called today to find out what ever happened with my tag and they told me that because they recieved the tag to hand on 9-10-12 which was opening day they would not return my money or my points! If they had my tag on opening day I obviously could not hunt! So I'm not happy and believe I should keep my points and get my tag money back! I did exactly what I was advised to do! From a hospital bed at that! And not only that, but if they didn't refund me then why didn't they ever send me a notification of some kind or send my tag back? If I could've had a chance to go hunting I didn't even have a tag to go with because they still have it!! ?This is not good business on NDOW's part at all!! I hope this does not lye on deaf ears! I have nothing but time and chemo treatments to make sure this comes out fair! Thanks for listening!

Buck T. Devlin

Oh, man that sucks! Call back, be kind but assertive, and ask to speak to a supervisor. I wish you the best with your recovery.

Buck,
If I read your story above right, you said that you sent the mail to them on 7th with overnight delievery which would be on Sat. to them in NV.
They do not work on Sat or Sun so Monday would have been the day they got it.

I went thru the same thing last year and I did like you said above and made it on time by ONLY 1 day. I got my points re-instated and money back but my hunt was in Oct. and it was a close call but made it.

Sorry for the lost of points, money but OUR HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT. Hope all works out for you and you beat this medical thing of yours.

Try getting ahold of a "higher up" and talk with them, maybe it will help but if not at least your tried the best you could. If you want the number for the lady in Reno who handles these claims let me know. I might still have her name and phone number.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Ok well here's an update! I just got off the phone with Jack Robb ( chairman for the board of wildlife commissioners) and he agreed with me that the way they handled my case was not correct and that they should give me my refund for the tag and reinstate my bonus points. So he is making some phone calls to try and fix the problem. I couldn't believe how kind he was and answered the phone on the second ring. It's nice to feel like you have someone in your court! I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!

Holy smokes Buck! Sounds like you got it handled now. Who is the guy that saw your case and said NO ? Are you kidding me? I say we get all are friends here from Paradise and caravan to Reno for a little meeting with this Moron. We sure have been thinking and Praying for you brotha! Are you back home now? Tony

Ya I just got an email from the deputy director of NDOW saying that they are looking into it. We'll see how it goes from here! Thanks for all the prayers Tony, right back at ya! If NDOW doesn't make this right, us Paradise boys may have to make a visit to Reno!!! Hopefully they make the right decision ;) oh by the way I am back home as of now, but I have to move back down to Stanford for the next 6 months, so I get to see what it's like to be a city boy for the first time! Animals beware! Black squirrels whatch out!

Hey 180,
Sorry to hear about your situation. I wish you the best with your treatments. I live about 1.5 hours south of Stanford if you want to get out and take a ride give me a shout. We have a few chukars down my way and we could take a ride if your up to it. I also know a couple places up that way you can get a good meal. If you need a hand hollar and I will do my best to help out. Good Luck again, keep your head up and we'll say some prayers. Damon.

Damn Buck,..your on a roll, and not a good one,Brandon said your looking and feeling alot better,..hope your on the road to a full recovery!..did your dad make the hunt w/uncle Mark?,..any killing?..pull'n for you buddy..
Mike

This is the email I recieved today. Looks like the NDOW finally saw it my way, and I want to give a big thanks to a mr. Jack Robb and whomever helped me with this!

Your email was forwarded to me for response. ?After careful review of the phone recording and looking at the mailed in documentation the Department has instructed our contractor to process your tag return in the following manner. ?It will be processed as a medical return with a refund being issued and you will have your bonus points and eligibility reinstated. ?Do to our reconciliation process I would think that the refund will be issued from the State Treasurer's office by the end of the month as refunds are processed in bi weekly cycles.

Yay!!!

Hey dgross, thanks for the prayers and the offer! Know that they are both appreciated. Don't be surprised if I do give you a holler.
Thanks
Buck

Hey Mike, you know how I roll.... I'm a glutten for punishment! I really like to test myself to see what I can handle. They way I see it after this is all over, I'm just gonna test myself by seeing how much hunting I can do, that seems way funner than this. Anyway ya dad went against his will. I made him go and they only went for a couple days and came back home empty handed eventhough they saw some nice bucks, as you can imagine he had other things on his mind and wanted to come home. With any luck those bucks will be waitng for ME next year!

Buck

Thats great Buck! Figured when the right person saw it it would be resolved. Another reason I love Nevada. Are you still in Paradise? Tony

No I'm all moved in down here in Stanford now. I'll be here for the next 6 months but I will get to come back and visit every once in awhile. Ya maybe this nevada tag reversal is my start of good luck! I know I could use some!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom