NE Wyoming Elk

K

krkrueger

I was planning on a guided hunt this fall, but something came up at work so I can't go. It was to late to pull from the draw when I found out.

If I draw a tag(I have 2 Points), I'm looking for an area to hunt in NE Wyoming that I could use my General tag in. I live in ND and I'm looking for an area I could hunt over a couple long weekend.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle

Congrats on your tag. I'm not sure where in NE Wyoming you are reffering to but the units where the Elk are ( 116,117, and 1) are limited quota so your general won't work there. Chip

Chip,

Thanks for the reply. Looking at the map it looks like 126 and 129 would be my best bets.

Any info would be great.

Thanks again.
Kyle

Kyle,
I ve hunted antelope in several areas in what would be Elk unit 129 without ever seeing an Elk. Its wide open rolling grassland with loads of antelope but if there are any Elk they are WIDELY scattered. Most of that country is private land as well which could present some challenges. I'd check with the Biologist for that area to get an idea whether its worth even considering. GOOD LUCK. Chip

Thats what I was afraid of.

It looks like units 36, 37 and 126 are other options. Any thoughts on them?

I'm just trying to make something out of a bad situation. I had my reservation with a great outfitter that I hunted with a couple of years ago and then something came up at work.

Thanks again,
Kyle

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom