nebo le elk

Kramer

LAST EDITED ON May-18-14 AT 08:49PM (MST)[p]whats a real expectation for muzzeloader le elk ? is a 300 type bull easily achievable?

I would say if you can find a bull your winning the race!
hornkiller.jpg

"Easily" is a pretty realitive term. I bet you put some boot leather down you'll do just fine.

Kramer,

I spent last year scouting that unit for elk and I hunted it with a muzzle loader for deer. I was planning on putting in for it this year, but after only finding a few elk over the 300 mark and seeing the success rate's 'around 35% i believe' I decided to put in for a Wasatch tag. There are elk and a few big ones get taken every year. If you have the tag I'm sure you'll have a blast but you will need to have a few backup plans..

Thanks for the replies. I put in for it knowing it wasn't the best unit. I would be happy with anything over 300. I Just wanted to know what a good goal would be. It should be a fun hunt even if I don't get anything.

I know of numerous 330+ bulls on the nebo unit, 4 over 370. Wish i could tell ya where but thats classified info im not allowed to share. If you hunt hard and put in a lot of scouting, time and effort you can kill a 300 class bull.

I drew the archery tag in 2010 and got the same response you are getting. Don't get discouraged. I had an absolute blast on my hunt and chased some Big bulls around. I ended up shooting a nice 320 bull half way through the hunt. The Nebo is great because its so easy to scout. Pm me and I can tell you what I know.

How is this unit for archery deer? I drew this as my third choice and have never hunted it. I feel like I am a fish out of water!!! I do plan to put a ton of time scouting, just curious if any of you have archery hunted it for deer, or seen any bucks while archery elk was going on.

So if guns kill people, I suppose pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat...

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom