Need a report Eel!

BRUIN4L

Hey Eel,

I'm heading to Crescent City on the 26th to take my 87 year old dad fishing. My brother and sisters and spouses are renting a house there. It's not really that much about the fishing but if we get out I'd like to know how they are doing there. Any salmon yet?

Thanks, Bruin

It's been real spotty all season from Ft. Bragg all the way up to Crescent City and nobody knows why. The water temps are fine, plenty of bait and birds. Lots of whales.

This is the "go to" web site we all use and very reliable but it's been real quiet all season. It's usually pretty active this time of year.

http://humboldttuna.com/smf/index.php

I hope this helps and best of luck. Everybody keeps saying it's going to get hot any day now.:)

Eel

Thanks for the help Eel. I'm really looking forward to getting up there. I grew up fishing Trinidad mostly with some Eureka and Crescent City thrown in also, but it has been too many years since my last trip.

Well Eel, you and everyone on the blog were right. Fishing sucked. I have never seen Crescent City that dead a week before the 4th! Still had a great time with my Dad and family though. I had to leave Monday morning but they went out and got a few ling cod at least. Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. It's always nice to enjoy the family and get into some mild weather. Crescent City is nice this time of year.

The charter boats have finally figured out where the salmon are and how to catch them, at least out of Eureka. Still a tough bite though.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom