need a taxidermist

oilcan

Long Time Member
Well not yet but hopefully soon.I live in the Bay area and am looking for a good Taxidermist.Any one have any suggestions?I am looking for someone in the Bay area or Sacramento area but would be willing to travel farther if needed.Thanks for any info

Try Avila's taxidermy, I think he's in San Leandro. I took my mule deer to him and it turned out great. Check his show room, got some nice mounts. If you can't find him from 411, I may still have his card around somewhere.

Go to this address:

www.google.com and enter his name and address, should show up there for sure if he is still in business.

Also I believe you can just type in California Taxidermists on the subject line for a complete list of them in Kali.

Brian

I have one that lives in Stockton. Does great very good work and turn around time is very good. He has been doing it for a long time, no adver just word of mouth. What animal are hopeing for and I will take a picture of one he did and send it. He has done about 7 of mine, and my antalope and moose he is doing now.

I don't have the name of the studio handy, but one of the very best is located in West Sacramento. I'll try to get it in the next day or so and post it. They're excellent, Harold Tweedle works there, and he's been a taxidermist for over 30 years. He's one of the best around.

Dicks in Roseville. if he's still taking heads. He'll tell you to go talk to all the others and look at their work because he knows you'll be back...

I just droped off my third antelope yesterday at Avila's. Al and his wife Noelle do great work. Go down there and take a look
at his work. They like people to visit on Saturdays so they can spend time talking. 510-483-6733
Don

Thanks for the reply's everyone i'll check them all out.Elknut209 right now i'm looking for deer mounts. I have a 4 th season deer tag in Colorado and hoping to get something worth mounting.

has anyone ever used Creative Wildlife out of Wilton Ca. I believe Andy Penn is the Taxidermist

I've heard of the name but that is about all I can tell you, don't know if good or bad, sorry I can't help you with more info.

Brian

>I don't have the name of
>the studio handy, but one
>of the very best is
>located in West Sacramento.
>I'll try to get it
>in the next day or
>so and post it.
>They're excellent, Harold Tweedle works
>there, and he's been a
>taxidermist for over 30 years.
> He's one of the
>best around.

wildlife artistry by Harold Tweedle west sac 916-372-8663
ask for kevin wong (owner)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom