Need advice

M

mengland

Greetings all,

I am in the process of purchasing a new gun, and I am set on the .270 win. I have had this caliber int he past and absolutely loved it. My guns were stolen in june and I am fixing to get insurance money for what was stolen. I had the caliber in the remington 700, and loved the gun, but I might be looking for something different. Please give opinions on the ruger m77, and the Weatherby vanguard Mark V.

Thanks!

You might of just read I purchased a Savage 110 model. I've had 3 different experienced shooters tell me they would choose the Savage over the Vanguard. I'm sure it is a good gun as well as Weatherbys' are very nice rifles, a little better looking as well. Just what I have been advised though. I can't wait to go shoot the one I just bought! good luck.

Mengland, Take a look at the Savage Weather Warrior before you buy. I think you'll be impressed by the quality for the money. They are "shooters"!!!! :D

if those are the only two, I like the Ruger. One correction, the Vanguard is not a Mark V. The Mark V is is a class by itself. Go to a shop and try out several brands and find what you like.

I myself prefer a no-frills working class hunting rifle. The bells and whistles look great in the gun case but do little for me otherwise. I own a Savage 110 and I have put it through the wringer more than once. I say a great rifle for the money.
In my area right now, they have a sale on Ruger M77 stainless w/ composit stock with rings and base for $399.00. Also a good deal in my book.

I would go with remington over the ruger or the vanguard. I would select the remington over the ruger because I don't care for the action on rugers. The vanguard is not an option because they are crap.
-Raptor

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom