need help/info for 06 hunt...

dslaughter

Alaska has been on my wife's and my "to do" list for a few years. We're starting to get some things crossed off the list and we'd like to give Alaska a first attempt next year. I'm not thinking anything too extravagant. Maybe just some caribou hunting and fishing for starters. ANY information will be appreciated. We're starting from ground zero here on the planning so anything that you've uncovered in the past to make the trip less expensive, more fun or successful will be appreciated.
We're reasonably experienced backpackers so a drop camp would be fine.
thanks,
dslaughter

dslaughter

You have come to the right spot. Just call mike the host of this catagory, Alaska Bush Sports.He runs a very honest and hardworking opperation.

Glen

Here's an honest report from someone who hunted this year:
http://outdoorsdirectory.com/akforum/akhunting/51093.htm

Lots of fun planning a trip. We did a drop camp for caribou in 2001 and had a near perfect trip. High Adventure Air flew us out of Soldotna, and we saw thousands of caribou. Lately, I'm reading more reports about guys getting skunked or hardly seeing any animals, so it was good to read a current report about someone who had a similar experience to ours. When we went, you could buy 2 caribou tags, which was nice because you still had a tag in your pocket after the first one went down. Not sure that option is available any more. Now's a good time to start planning your trip. Good luck!

dslaughter, depending on what you are looking for, Larry Bartlett at www.pristineventures.com can probably help you out. He is a hunt planner and helped us plan a 20 day float hunt in 03. By far and away, my best hunt ever. He will work with you to plan the the type of hunt you are looking for.

Good luck,
Garion

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom