need help

A

AZMULEYHUNTR

Alright I have spent alot of time in the woods in AZ and have found few sheds over the years, This last spring I spent 7 days in New Mexicos Gila Natl Forest and found 18 sheds now I know thats not as many as some of you have been finding but its the most I have ever found. So what am I doing wrong in AZ give me some suggestions as far as time of year and places I dont want an exact spot (dont tell me your honeyhole) unless you really want to but just e mail me with that. Thanks and I will be sure to post pics of my NM trip witch included a match set that scored 174 gross

It doesn't sound to me like your doing anything wrong at all. Sometimes you find a boat load and and sometimes you don't. I have never hunted horns in AZ but I'm sure as long as you keep trying new places you will eventually stuble across a hot spot now and again. I know they are few and far between for me. Good luck. Let's see some pics from your trip to New Mexico. Sounds like you found some good ones.

NvrEnuf

Get yourself a paraplane and a GPS spend the next six months flying 50 ft AGL over southern Utah, nevada and northern arizona and you'll find big sheds just like the muleycrazy crowd does. By the way, you might also be able to GPS a big old desert muley's hiding place and sell yourself as a muley guide.

JB

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-03 AT 11:44PM (MST)[p]Good one JB, finally the truth. Thats what some well known guys are doing all over that country, flying it. They then stage it like they just happen to stumble upon those sheds. This sells their videos to guys who don't know any better. Wake up guys, this has been happening for a while. How many miles have all of us walked in prime deer country and how many good sheds do you have to show for it. Its not that some of these guys are better hunters than the rest of us. They just have more money and are willing to break the rules to kill the big ones. They fly those small planes, shoot deer out of them, then mark it with GPS units and go back on foot to pick up their deer. Thats why the Feds have been after some of the crowd you mentioned. Great posting. Calls it like it really is.

WOW, some folks like stirring the hornets nest! AZmuley, the 1st reply to your qustion is on the money. You probably aren't doing anything wrong. This year I found more antlers than I have in the past 4 years combined! Mostly due to more time in the mountains and checking out new promising spots.
Unfortunatley if someone has been flying your area in March/April/May they may be finding "your" antlers. Its all about time and persistance (and for some money/fame).
Jeff

Thanks for the replys I have a good GPS but I think I will have to stick to the ground to find the sheds and the big muleys mainly because I think its a little more fun that way and a little more exciting when you are walking through the woods and spot that huge shed of last years buck. And also I am no where near rich of famouse any ways I said I would post those pics so I posted them in the shed hunting forum just look under NM sheds

Thanks again and if you have any more advice I am listening.
Jason

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom