Need info on Texas Hunts

B

bigbullhunter

Ok I got the go ahead to take a hunting trip from my wife tonite so i am wondering if any of ya texans can force feed me some info. i am looking at possibly doing an exotic hunt for 5 days my question is I want to include a mtn lion on this if legal I am also wondering if there is any public land to do this on down in texas as i have heard horror stories about hunting texas and how hard it is to find public land. If there is no public land what will it cost me to hunt (trespass fee what not) any info on this would be appreciated.

BBH

I don't know of anyone offering mountain lion hunts in Texas. As far as public land, I think you are much better off paying a tresspass fee. Any public land down here is either draw only or VERY crowded.

As far as a quality exotic hunt, I would check out Love Ranches: http://www.loveranches1.com/ I know several people who have gone there and been very satisfied. He even caters to youngsters and usually gives them a break in price if Dad is hunting too.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

FWIW

I know there are some Lion guides around. Try Chambers of Commerce way out West around Marfa etc...

Get public hunting lands info from TPW link. TPW has public lands for a 40?? buck permit and has draw hunts. Those draw hunts have some good chances at exotics.

Exotics.... I dont' have the contact, but at Camp Bullis in SanAntonio they have or had public hunts and have a good number of Axis deer, not to mention a 277 inch WT just found dead on the range.

I've hunted East TX national Forest for deer and hogs and have had chances to shoot both, and have yet to see another hunter off the roads. But then again I'm fond of getting a half mile or so off road anyway.

Finally I used to guide for the Baker Ranch out of Rocksprings. I'm not at all sure what they do now but you'd have to see what the rates are, they have decent whitetails(around 120 average) and Axis, blackbuck and sheep for exotics. All free ranging. And had red stags under high fence. Appx a 12,000 acre ranch and the best food you'll eat. Contact Rocksprings CC and ask for their number.

Depends on exactly what you are after, hope I've offered a few options.

Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom