Need info on wolf/elk depredation

DKMULEYBUCK

So heres the deal, my seventh grade son has a science teacher that is pushing pro wolf propgana at school. He used the phrase "correct me if im wrong", so thats what i am setting out to do. I want to do this right, so I need as much published data as I can get my hands on about any thing wolf related. Mainly about the drastic decline of the yellowstone herd, predation on livestock and dogs, and wolf attacks on people. Ive been seaching the net, and ive found some info, maybe some of you out there know of some links I havnt found. Any help is appreciated. We dont need people like this pushing misinformation to our kids.

well they dont kill the weak and the young they kill anything just to kill. they are very strong about there territory.

the introduced a wolf illegally. they brought in a candain wolf. they were suppose to bring a smaller wolf in.

wyoming moose area 11 and 13 ia now one area cause the wolves killed all the moose and now nothing to hunt.

sunlight basin and crandall in wyoming went from general elk hunting to limited cause of not many elk left.

jake clark who had a outfitting camp for years closed it. brought in 100,000 dollars of revune to the state closed it cause of the hunting went south so bad.

yellowstone herd was 20,000 in 1994 and they brought the wolves in around that time today its 4000 elk.

there is a few things off the top of my head..

Over on the Oregon site Blacktail Slayer has offered research info on many topics...one of which being wolves and elk decline...check out his post "Wildlife Studies."

DKMULEYBUCK I commend you for getting involved in your sons education and it is great to see a guy who is doing it the right way. I just have one suggestion get your son involved in the research and putting it together. See if the teacher will let him present the information to the teacher and the class. The confidence it would build really helps that age group.

The teacher shouldn't resent it but I would talk to him first. This is a great education opportunity for your son. Oh! I've been a teacher for 34 years. On a controversial subject that this has become a different opinion should be allowed.

LOBOWATCH.COM
HUNTWOLVES.COM
SAVEELK.COM
SAVEWESTERNWILDLIFE.COM
BLACKBEARBLOG.COM
PINEDALEWOLFEWATCH.COM
SAVEANELKHEARDKILLLAWOLF.COM
KILLALLWOLVES.COM
CATTLEKILLERS.COM
WOLVESKILLALLTHATMOVES.COM
WOLVESANDDEMOCRATICSTHESAME.COM
ALLWOLVESNEEDIOGO.COM
WOLVESAREILLEGLEINTHEUSA.COM
IRRADICATEALLILLEGILEWOLVES.COM

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom