need input on this bivy sack...

I dont think it will work for you, it doesnt come in PINK.

Actually it looks pretty good i think. I tried a bivy sack once and it got soaked on the inside due to body moisture. If this ones "breathable" fabric is good it should work.

At REI here in town they have a new section on ultralight weight camping. All kinds of bivy sacks and silicon impregnated solo tent/tarps. High $$ though compared to the one in your link.

GET TO WORK!

Berto,

I have an older style Moonstone Bivy. Nylon tub bottom and 'breathable' Goretex top. It is light and compact and waterproof. As was mentioned even with goretex it tends to get a bit clammy inside since it doesn't breath all that well. the big disadvantage to me is that mine doesn't come with a hoop or some other device which can 'tent up' the material above your face. Some of the newer ones I've seen have that and it would help the thing breath better and make it easier to sleep in. the one time It rained enough for me to zip up in it was pretty claustrophobic and since my breathe was sealded in added to the condensation problem.

Now since I've detailed it's problems I'll say that I use it fairly often for ultra light packing.

If it were me I'd get one with a small hoop in it. I.ve seen some with a small metal d ring in the hood that could be tied to a limb and do the same thing.

BeanMan

Bean,

thanks for the input. my decision is also based on price, and less than $100 is affordable for me. even if the cabelas model doesn't have a hoop i think i could either sew a ring onto it or live with it as is.

thanks again.

anyone else?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom