need more advice

dominguez

As some of you know I started my own guide service this year.So go ahead and call me a wannabe,better than a expert,(ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure).I need your advice on fair wages for guides and cooks.also resonable rates for a basic cabin rental.The cabins are ten by twenty foot have bunks and counters,no shower or running water or indoor toilets. cook stoves and potable water is provided.I have to start somewhere. Thanks in advance

Campfire is not really the place to get advice, it is the place to laugh at people asking for advice.

However, you are now running a business. You charge what the market will bear. I think a lot comes down to the quality of the hunt you have.

Your employees need to be paid at least the going wage for your area is.

Agree with NMPaul on wages.

Cabins...maybe offer them at a price that is a bit lower than normal in an effort to attract more hunters. While the cabins may not be a major selling point to guided hunts, having a clean and well appointed cabin at a decent price is good. Also, perhaps you could offer solar or propane powered hot water showers and a decent toilet. Is port-a-potty available?

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

>Campfire is not really the place
>to get advice, it is
>the place to laugh at
>people asking for advice.
>

ED ZACHARY!!

LMAO

HOOK 'EM!

Who's this Ed Zachary joker? Some FNG around here or a buddy of Ben's?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

ED ZACHARY!! (just say it out loud a few times and think about moo-goo- gai pan.)

HOOK 'EM!

>Campfire is not really the place
>to get advice, it is
>the place to laugh at
>people asking for advice.
>
>However, you are now running a
>business. You charge what
>the market will bear.
>I think a lot comes
>down to the quality of
>the hunt you have.
>
>Your employees need to be paid
>at least the going wage
>for your area is.
Tell me where this should be posted. I know some love to take jabs, but you guys do have good information....sometimes!

failure to prepare is prepareing to fail

4 bunks in a cabin should be split 4 ways about $30 each hunter this low end, If have showers, propane lights and heat or wood stoves bump it up to $40-$50 each day. This is more of a service, so they aren't driving to and from a motel and not hunting(more time hunting means more chances)

Wages I would guess that is a wide spread deal some areas are cheaper then others.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom