Need some help guys

UtahMountainMan

I am a utah bowhunter and Utah is really screwing up their deer management. I am going to start coming to Wyoming with my 2 sons to hunt. I dont know if we will have the money to do it next year, but could someone please help me on a few questions...

1 - Can we (my sons and I) apply as a group?
2 - Can we apply to just buy a preference point for deer or elk? In case we dont have the money for the tag and travel
3 - When is the soonest we can apply/buy a point and what is the deadline?

If anyone has any advice, helpful info, or can point me in the right direction to start studying and help me out I would appreciate it. We have never been out there and I dont really know where to start looking.

Anyway, PM me if you are kind enough to help me find an area to start looking at. I can exchange a LOT of deer/elk knowledge for bow and rifle hunters wanting to come to utah or if you have points for utah.

Thanks guys

The deadline to buy points has past so if you apply for next year you go in with 0. Points are available in the fall. Applications for elk are due toward the end of Jan and deer are due in March. There are some units you can draw with 0 points for deer (General Regions).

Then Wyoming probably isn't your state if deer management is of concern. Most area's in the state are managed for hunter opportunity. A call to the G&F will answer all your questions...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom