Need some help/info for deer

A

a3dhunter

Looking for some info on the southeast portion of the state for archery deer hunting, specifically the units 29-40 that offer archery hunting in both Sept and January on the same tag. I have been directed to look specifically at Units 30,34,36,37, or 38.
I have already spoke with someone from fish and game and they were very little help, so any info on a biologist or game warden would also be helpful.

I was wondering if anyone would share there experience from hunting those areas, such as amount of deer seen, quality of bucks, chance of getting a shot with a bow, quality of terrain( dry, noisy, dusty, a mess???), or any other vital info.

Feel free to pm me or email me, thank you.

VERY DRY. Last rain was in October on the 21st. A friend and I hunted 32 and were filled out by 10am opening morning. Eat your wheaties!!

I've hunted north 30 and south 32 for Quail and Barb. sheep, not deer.
But, I've seen a lot of deer in those units. There are some average bucks, I never saw anything book class. We have seen some nice 4X4s that I would punch, if your not looking for P&Y.
The terrain in 32 is rock everywhere, 30 less rocky & less cholla. Mostly rolling hills (both)so if you can spot deer, you might stalk close enough for bow shot. Very few trees where I was. Some large brush in washes.

There's lots of BLM land with deer but lots of private land.
That's near the area our DNMGF director got himself in deep yogurt. You need to know where you are at all times for sure, no question.

Prob. be wetter by the time you go for the hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom