Need Some Help

D

Deadduck

I need some help with a "good problem": I just celebrated my 10th year with the company I work with. In honor of that event, they gave me $2,000 towards a "hunt of my choice". While I realize that $2,000 will not get me much of a hunt, I plan on matching it with my own money, so I will have a total of $4,000.
I live in Utah, I am 50ish, and in reasonably good shape. I want to go on a "guided" hunt, where I can experience the whole "guided hunt" circumstances.
Species.......I have a nice Elk, and a nice Antelope that I have mounted in my home. I have shot several Mule Deer, but nothing bigger than a 24" 4 X 4, I am not interested in shooting cougars, or bears. I have never shot a Whitetail, but would like to.
Area.......Utah would be less expensive due to cost of license, but as long as I get to see some new country, it doesn't really matter. Wyoming seems to be a favorite of many of you, so I was thinking about a Antelope/Deer combo hunt in Wyoming. Your $$$'s go a long ways in Canada, so I was also looking at chances there.
Basically, I just need some of your thoughts and experiences, so I can make a good choice.
Thank you in advance for your help.

If I had your money and had harvested the animals you listed, I would check out Goats in BC before you are to OLD to go. Also maybe Moose, Sheep, or some other one-in-a-lifetime type of tag in Utard could be had for the money and you could still be puttin in for the draws. One other thought Caribou!!

You could go catch some big spring salmon and keep YOUR 2K in the bank!!

SH!T I need your Job !!

CANNON
fire.gif

I would seriously check into Canada for bou goat or sheep . It is also a good place for the off color deer ;)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-04 AT 05:16PM (MST)[p]What company, and are there any openings?

You might consider an oryx or ibex hunt in NM. They are truly once-in-a-lifetime tags and unusual trophies in the US. Truly wild, not ranched or fenced. Oryx especially are truly beautiful animals.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom