Need some info

D

duckfvr

Iwas just wondering if anyone had any info on or about public land in idaho for mule deer. I have lived a sheltered life and i have never really been out of the state and this year i am going to go mule deer hunting in idaho. I am going to drive over there and by a tag and go hunting, not to sure were and when, so any info would be good on were to go and when, or even what permits to put in for. Oh by the way I will be rifle hunting. I miss shooting deer with my rifle, I bow hunt here in washington and I am pretty stoked to harvest a deer with a rifle.I am willing to trade secrets about washington, but there is not much to learn about here.

I'm going to let yoooooou and only you in on a little secret. You have pretty slim odds of someone giving you a map to their "buck stomp". I know. Its sounds a little cold and crass, but common sense would suggest that most people aren't willing to give anonymous Joe the best of info.

Here's what I would do if I were you. #1 and this is THE most important item of potential CONSISTANT future success. Find an area that you can get a tag in on an almost annual basis. Your success will hinge upon your drive and desire, some luck, solid hunting skill and technique, and most important in my opinion is thorough knowledge of your hunting area. There aren't that many secrets in Idaho and you can get some good starting points with a little research.

But remember what I said. Find an area you can hunt with regularity and stick with it. Don't jump around from area to area. You shouldn't be finding out during hunting season that the area had a big die off the previous winter. Find out that stuff in the off-season a make a solid choice on an area you can hunt again in the future, because realistically, you won't kill a mature buck that first year unless your a real bad-ass and REALLY lucky.

Of course thats just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the info I have an old time buddy that lives in idaho and i plan on hooking up with him also. I will do my homework and hopefully maybe I will get out of this state and venture out there.

I forgot to mention that if you buy general season tag you can hunt during general rifle(mostly Oct.)season and general archery season(mostly Aug 30th - Sept. 30th with some late season hunts)if you have the time.

Ya thats the cool thing, here in WA you have to buy your tag for a specific weapon and thats it, you can't hunt for deer with your bow in the early hunt, then hunt the rifle hunt, and then the muzz. hunt. Its only that 2 week season then you are done for the year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom