Need Tripod help Plz

muleycrazy

I have a Swarovski ATS 65 spotting scope that I need a small packable tripod for. I have a Manfretto tripod which is great at the range or by the truck, but to big to pack. any suggestions
Thanks, Dave

" Just Livin' the Dream "

Which Manfrotto tri-pod you got now? I am going through the same thing right now too with which head to get and tripod to go with it.

Brian

Look at Gitzo carbon fiber. A little pricey but why have a swarovski scope if the tripod can't keep it still. I think they retail for around $300 but I picked one up on eBay for $100. I use it with my Swarovski ATS and hardly use my big Manfrotto even when I'm at the car.

Hi Brian
I have had this Manfrotto tri-pod for about 6 yrs.
All it says on it is # 390. Not sure what that means. It has the twist locks on the legs which I like, the smallest it will go down to is 24". Great like I said for the range or at camp, very sturdy and heavy enough to withstand the weight of the ATS65, just to bulky to pack or carry on a horse. looking at something lighter and much smaller, I leave Friday for region G Wyoming hunt that starts the 15th
Dave

" Just Livin' the Dream "

Look at the "Outdoorsmans.com" . They have three sizes, the smallest folding down to 11". Expensive but worth it. fatrooster.

The Slik 613 CF tripod has had my interest for sometime. My ideal setup for backpack hunting would be this tripod with the Jim White Pan Head and Outdoorsman Pistol Grip; this combo would weigh in around 2.5 lbs.

I have been using a Slik Compact for years... I've packed it more miles that I like to remember. Used it for my 15x binos and spotting scopes. It fits in the side pocket of my backpack. This is a great little tripod and it won't break the bank either! NJS

Adorama has good tripod selection and descriptions for comparison. Doug at CameraLand may have what you need.
Slik Pro EZ
Manfrotto 190
Velbon Sherpa
Slik CF

For really lightweight, I would consider the Velbon LuxiL over the Slik Sprint Pro as the Velbons legs are noticably stiffer. I do not think the Slik Spring legs would be stiff enough for a spotter.

I like the Manfrotto 700 RC2 head for a light smooth head that won't break the bank.

CopyofSedona1-2509034.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom