Nephews 1st Elk

mulecreek

Very Active Member
I wanted to give a shout out to my nephew, Nate, on his first elk.
5064natesbull.jpg

He took this bull last Wednesday in Western Wyo. This was Nates third elk hunting season. He traveled from California and worked his butt off to get this bull. According to his GPS tracker he hiked 11 miles that day before connecting on this bull. Nate spotted the bull from the top of the mountain and was able to stalk within 100 yds. He resisted the urge to lobe shells at 500 yds, knowing his limitations. I met up with Nate Wednesday night and we spent Thursday packing out the bull. Nate had him all quartered and hung just like a pro. I could not have been more proud of him.

I have been fortunate to have taken Nate along with me when he was a kid on deer and elk hunts and I was proud to be right there with him while he took his first mule deer and pronghorn. Now he is getting it done on his own. Great job buddy! Still haven't figured out what's up with the Mountain Man look though.

Good work nate! My first elk was a cow. I let the beard grow for the winter too! You don't realize how warm it is till you shave it off in the spring!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom