nephews antelope

crazeymaez

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-13 AT 06:07PM (MST)[p]We left the cabin at 4 with a half hour drive and a hour walk put us at our ground blind at 5:30.My other nephew wanted to join us.This blind is tight for 2 people,This could only mean one thing skinny was gonna be squished.

We saw a few bucks all out of range.We had 2 small bucks walk 50yrds from the blind.I joked with Mikey If he wanted one that would match his last one this was the time.He opted to pass.

We saw a buck at 300yrds but with the wind he was out of range.
Once he went over a rise Mikey and I took off after him.
Once we crested the top he was looking at us at 80 yrds.
Mikey could not get steady and he spooked.

We went back to the blind where Jacob was waiting.I glassed to my right and saw a large group coming towards us.These are usually
mama's and fawns as this seems to be there yearly escape route.
Im looking at 30 goats and cant believe there is not a buck with them.Most of the herd has passed behind us.

I then catch a glimpse of a buck but a few does are stareing right at us.The buck pushes them and they lose intrest in us.
I tell Mikey what holdover to use.He is 200yrds out and with high wind I knew it would be a tough shot.If he would have stopped broadside Mikey would have shot.

The buck then pushes the does again and they run 50yrds closer.
I whisper to Mikey to switch his holdover.At the shot I see the buck jump and also where he is hit he walks a few steps and drops
Let the high fives begin....

as he lay

Mikey

Uncle Hopper and nephews

Great goat and I bet you had alot of fun.Missing the goat hunt this year my boy did not draw a tag this year.That goat hunting gets in your blood.What unit did you guys get him in.

very nice, Congrats on get it done.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

That is a nice goat, Miguel, and I'm laughing at the thought of all three you together in that blind...

Mucho congrats all around.

That is awesome! You guys are off to a tremendous start this year!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom