Nephews Smokepole buck

crazeymaez

Very Active Member
Took my nephew out on his restricted muzzy hunt.His first time to hunt with open sights and round ball.We saw a great buck on opening morning in full velvet but he didn't stick around long.

That evening we ran into a group of 3 bucks 1 fork horn and 2 eight points at 40yrds.We got the gun primed and Mikey on a rest.The bucks were just feeding and could care less we were there.At the shot they just stayed eating as Mikey missed I couldn't believe it.They got spooked when I thru the entire contents of the possibles bag on the ground to reload :)

After that I wasn't sure he could get an easier shot.Saturday evening I glassed this buck and a fork we were able to get 50 yrds from him.Mikey followed thru with his shot and double lunged him

7538sam_0153.jpg

Before and after

4233sam_0159.jpg

#BESTUNCLEEVER!!That's pic doesn't do that buck justice , seeing him this morning he looked a lot bigger in the back of your 4door...Beautiful buck , Mikey has turned into huntin sonof a gun!

Maez gets it done again! Dude, you wanna tag along on my Rio Chama Humphreys deer hunt in a few weeks? I could use the good mojo!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-14 AT 02:11PM (MST)[p]Congrats Miguel you are a master guide and your nephew is a good shot with the old muzzy!

Old style never go's out of style. Nice Job, Pretty nice looking Buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom