Nevada 111-114 Goat

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-11 AT 03:22AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-11 AT 03:21?AM (MST)

I got the archery tag this year also ;)

I'm thinking spot and stalk in 111 maybe? I am going to head on over there in a few weeks for a scouting trip.

Would greatly appreciate any tips :)

I didn't spend much time in 111.

I hate to blab all kinds of info on the www----

Toss me a PM is you would like.

Robb

I've seen lots of pronghorn along the east side of Schells. Typically the animals are in that area between the paved highway and the steeper slopes of the range. There's lots of area over there to cover...and with the rollong nature of the terrain, it could make for a nice spot-n-stalk hunt.
I can say that I havent seen anything very big in that area though. If you are looking for a "trophy class" antelope you may want to look elsewhere.

This is a great hunt. There's a lot of animals and possible action all day long. I've hunted this unit myself and many times with friends/family with awesome success both during the archery and rifle hunts. I like getting out of the mainstream 111 areas, send me a PM if you run into some dead ends.

I hunted there a few years back and had a great time. Lots of antelope. The ones living in the flat country were very spooky - they started running when you got inside of 800 yards. I concentrated on the small springs in the foothills and saw some pretty good bucks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom