Nevada 141-145

Asmith94

Hello,

I am going to be hunting the 141-145 unit this year and am trying to see if anyone with experience in this unit has any tips they'd like to pass on, I plan to hike in and overnight in the mountains rather than hunt from the road. Since I'm from out of state I've only been able to e-scout the range, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

probably the laziest hunters I have ever witnessed on a hunt. Never saw a single dude out of the rig when I was there. tons of Atv's and trucks just driving around

There are a lot of people that don't leave thir vehicles in these units. A big part of that is because of how far you can glass and actually cover more country from top to bottom with a spotting scope than by hiking your butt off and pushing the deer hout of the country. The fact that there are also a lot of roads make glassing from vehicles quite easy.

There isn't a lot of roadless area, or areas even one mile from a road in qny of the units.

There are some decent deer. But obviously there were leftovers so it is not a top tier unit by any means.

Also, don't overlook the valley floor near the ag fields. There are deer down low at 4500 feet up to 9000 plus feet. From the hay fields to the limber pine.

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses!
Yeah I was noticing when plotting points on Google Earth it was covered in ATV trails..so I'll have to take that into consideration and try to avoid areas with tons of trails. Like you said almost everything in the unit is within 1-2 miles of a road so that makes things difficult when you want to hike in and work from there. I'll definitely check out the valley floor areas. I'll post back how it goes.

If you want to hike in and stay few days your best bet is to hike into diamond pk you will be able to get away from people in that area. Make sure you have your big boy pants on cuz it is steep and rough. You will see some bucks in that area.

Where I was hunting you are not glassing from the road any of what i could see. I didnt think the Diamonds were that bad, I have hunted steep country and that was easy walking compared to the Blue mountains and hells canyon in ID and WA

I also drew this tag for the first time. I am a new transplant to NV and look forward to exploring a new part of the State. I plan to take 2-3 scouting trips before the hunt. I've been scouting on Google Earth and onX Maps, looks like plenty of public ground. I appreciate the heads up on ATV/road access. I prefer to use my boots and eyes.

6X7,
Thanks for input. I am assuming you're referring to the Diamonds. Any advice for the Roberts Mtn area in 143
I’ve only been in the Roberts creek range during archery season it has very limited open high country the deer are up there early season but I’d bet they get the heck out by rifle or they would all be dead,way to easy to access them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom