Nevada 221-223 Archery

NVangler

Hello everyone,
It looks like a drew a pretty good tag this year on a new unit for me. I have a lot of time to scout and I have already been out the last few weekends. I hiked into the north end of the Grafton wilderness and found tons of great bulls but no bucks. I'm wondering if I should focus my efforts elsewhere in the unit. I was thinking about going and glassing around Muleshoe summit next. If anyone has any general tips on areas to check out where some deer may be holding in the archery season I would really appreciate it!

If you are physically capable hike/pack to the top of White Rock and just hunt from the plateau down all the way around. Used to be you could drive to the top but now closed and wilderness area. You could spend a week up there making the rounds above all the rimrocks. The bucks bed down on the sides in the brush so they can see anything coming from down below. There are springs and waterholes all the way around as well. If you can't hike try Cabin Creek Summit.
I drew a 24 tag this year as a resident and I had 12 bonus points.
Good luck!!! Lots of hunters down low so if you can get above them you will have a better shot at a trophy.
Be careful on the east side and take a GPS to make sure you don't cross into Utah.
You can always get a cabin at the "Hermitage" if it's still open and hike up the backside. Many bucks all through those draws.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom