nevada area 7 mule deer

Downrange

Need some help on a good place to hunt in area 7. I have never been to that part of nevada but I am looking forward to a great hunt. Wondering if anybody could give me a good place to start looking or point me in the right direction for a good buck. I will be out there on the 10th of oct for 4 days of hunting and then again on the last 4 days of the hunt. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Born and raised in Elko NV I have hunted area 7 a few times and have come up with some nice bucks every time. There is a exit just out side of Elko not sure of the exit #, but it is call elburz if you take that turn off and head north you will come across Devils Gate Ranch and you can just go right through there and once you get to a big canyon "Devils Gate" you can either hunt the back hills towards the east of keep heading north along the north fork river there are always some good deer in that country.
4a47188272996b4f.jpg

Thanks! Stitzel I appreciate the info. Wondering if you have ever hunted around Loomis Peak in the Snake Mountains?

loomis and snake mountains are a good area. There both areas where a lot of hunter who get 7 focus on. Like tabor creek holds some good deer but gets hunted heavy. I drew the tag as well this year so cant really give away to many secrets haha. I got my eye on a few potential bucks right now. want any more info just let me know. Ill bee glad to help

>loomis and snake mountains are a
>good area. There both areas
>where a lot of hunter
>who get 7 focus on.
>Like tabor creek holds some
>good deer but gets hunted
>heavy. I drew the tag
>as well this year so
>cant really give away to
>many secrets haha. I got
>my eye on a few
>potential bucks right now. want
>any more info just let
>me know. Ill bee glad
>to help

>loomis and snake mountains are a
>good area. There both areas
>where a lot of hunter
>who get 7 focus on.
>Like tabor creek holds some
>good deer but gets hunted
>heavy. I drew the tag
>as well this year so
>cant really give away to
>many secrets haha. I got
>my eye on a few
>potential bucks right now. want
>any more info just let
>me know. Ill bee glad
>to help

Thanks for the info bryan21. I have my maps out and have been studying areas I want to focus on. There sure is a ton of country out there to hunt. Some other areas I have been looking at is the copper mountains, any big deer in that area? and is it in the jarbidge wilderness area.

edwardsc, you'd better look at your season dates. In the book your season starts October 5th and ends October 20th. You mentioned that you will be hunting on the 10th for 4 days which puts you hunting to the 13th. Then the last 4 days will be the 16th through the 20th only giving you a two day lapse time.
Copper Mountain is not in the Wilderness area but is in National Forest meaning that you will have some road access. I've seen plenty of deer in the Copper Mountain area but have never hunted it so I cannot comment on the trophy potential but it is a lush green area, as far as Nevada is concerned, and should hold good bucks. Loomis and the Snake Mountains are good places during the migration but your season might be a little too early to intercept migrating muleys. You might try Draw Creek right up against the Wilderness area if you are gonna be in the Loomis nieghborhood because a lot of the deer come out of the wilderness and cross Loomis and the Snakes on the Migration. Although it is a little early for migrating deer, you just might find some early movers. Bring your optics and get high or medium elevation and use them religously. Hope this is a help. fatrooster.

If you go back at the end of the season might want to check out the area east of Wells along highway 80

Thanks again guys for the info, it is greatly appreciated. As I mentioned before I will start my hunt on Oct. 10th which is Sat, and stay until tuesday night. That gives me 4 days of good hunting. However, I must return to work on wed, thur and fri because I only have a few days of personal leave that I can use. I am a school teacher and I have no school on the 19th and 20th of Oct. therefore I can return and hunt the last four days of the season. Thats why my huntin days seem messed up but I have to do what I can and be in the field as much as possible to increase my luck or chance at a good buck.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom