Nevada cow elk hunts

HEVISHOT

Now that NDOW has posted 2014 harvest results. Looks like they made a lot of money off cow elk this past season. Very poor harvest. I think that they need to let the herds rebuild and drastically cut cow elk tags for 2015. My 2 cents.

Great idea, but that's not how it works. The reason for all the elk tags is not money. The numbers of elk in Nevada are set by law. And fish and game have to do what they can to kill elk.
If sportsmen would have bothered to show support for having more elk in this state, we could have much more opportunity.
But no, they just want to say the government wants money.
Sorry if I sound disgusted, I am, and it's not because of NDOW.

There are TONS of cows on Grafton. The herd is growing every year! Ive hunting the same area for 3 years straight. It is amazing to see how many there are.

With that said, they are in a wilderness area. The hunting is TOUGH. They see you drive up, they see you walk up. Then if you have the balls to walk in a couple miles for a cow, you still need to have enough luck as to not spook them and get a shot off. If you are lucky, you will have a 1.5 mile pack out.

How many people want to hunt cows this way? Muleshoe has been hunted HARD and its tough to get a cow down there. Meanwhile the herd on Grafton just 5-8 miles north grows every year.

But then again, isnt this what NDOW wants? When they need to thin the herd because the hunters cant/wont, they will drive up in there where we cant and kill off 50 of them at a time. Im sure all that meat will goto charity (sarcasm, extreme).

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom