Nevada Desert Sheep Area 268

Muley_Slayer

I won the lottery and pulled a Desert sheep tag in Unit 268. Just curiuos if anyone here has drawn this tag in the past and is willing to share some photos of sheep taken out if this unit.
Thanks!

I'll help if I can. I live in Overton so it's out my back door. I killed my ram 4 years ago out there. It's a blast.

I have a ewe tag for 268 so I'll be watching them anyways

You definitely won the NV hunting lotto.
They killed 8 rams out of that unit in the 170 or better class last year.
I'd say pictures will only make your wait longer! LOL
Congrats mslayer

Hezzy,
I would appreciate any help I can get, I have a good idea of where I want to scout but i am always open to suggestions.
Thanks!
-MS

LittleBH,
I checked out the harvest results from Ndow, they killed some big sheep out of there last season! Dang near half the tags were filled with sheep over 170. Getting more and more excited every day! You're right, pictures just add agony to the wait! LOL!
Thanks,
-MS

Check out my post on this forum from November. We had a great hunt and Bryans sheep actually ended up netting 170 1/8 so NDOW was a little low. That is one more over 170 from that unit last year. Finding sheep wont be your problem,finding sheep over 160 wont be your problem either, holding off on a 160's ram for a better one is the hard part.Seriously sheep everywhere and as many tags as there are it wasnt congested at all.Good luck kill a bomber.P.S. have no idea where the bull elk pic in my previous post came from it showed up like a month after i posted the sheep pics. Dont even know the guy.

I had that tag last year (2013) after 17 years of applying. I spent spent alot of time looking for the "one" 47 days scouting, ended up harvesting a ram that grossed 168 but netted 165 4/8th. he was just too broken up to hit 170 but he sure is a 170 class ram just doesn't get the numbers. I was hoping to get one of the 170 plus rams. Lots of areas to hunt very little competition with the other tag holders. It is a great time...and yes the hardest part will be to not shoot too soon on a good ram when there are so many great rams out there. I would love to lend a hand....most likely I will be out there during the hunt anyway. I just went to 2 temporary water projects on Saturday put in as an emergency measure by NDOW. the added water projects are to supplement the dwindling water supply at the guzzlers. They will be dry soon, as they were last year. So far no sheep have hit the 2 new projects. I will send you a person email with my info if you want to call and discuss the unit.
heres a pic of my ram can also see the video on youtube at
NV desert sheep hunt

bpat,
That many days in the field obviously made this a very personal experience for you. That is what I think sheep hunting is all about.
I have watched your youtube post before and regardless of what a tape says, that is one fine old ram. Congratulations and well done.

Sheep are strange about their watering habits. I understand they don't like to change water sources so hopefully they acclimate to the supplement you assisted with.
That video ought to add a little fitful rest in M Slayer's pillow. It has mine.

Thanks for sharing.

>I had that tag last year
>(2013) after 17 years of
>applying. I spent spent alot
>of time looking for the
>"one" 47 days scouting, ended
>up harvesting a ram that
>grossed 168 but netted 165
>4/8th. he was just
>too broken up to hit
>170 but he sure is
>a 170 class ram just
>doesn't get the numbers.
>I was hoping to get
>one of the 170 plus
>rams. Lots of areas
>to hunt very little competition
>with the other tag holders.
> It is a great
>time...and yes the hardest part
>will be to not shoot
>too soon on a good
>ram when there are so
>many great rams out there.
> I would love to
>lend a hand....most likely I
>will be out there during
>the hunt anyway. I
>just went to 2 temporary
>water projects on Saturday put
>in as an emergency measure
>by NDOW. the added
>water projects are to supplement
>the dwindling water supply at
>the guzzlers. They will
>be dry soon, as they
>were last year. So
>far no sheep have hit
>the 2 new projects.
>I will send you a
>person email with my info
>if you want to call
>and discuss the unit.
>heres a pic of my ram
>can also see the video
>on youtube at
NV
>desert sheep hunt

I sure enjoyed that video and that is an awesome Ram.

That's an awesome video, but the ram is simply spectacular. A battler for sure. How old was this ram.

Yelum

Glad ya drew it as a ressy ~~ Muley--- I didn't draw it as a non-ressy..

That is a sweet video!!

Keep us posted man,

Robb

Bpat,
That is a great video! Thank you for posting it! I am going to video my hunt, so I hope all goes well and I get footage as good as yours. I will keep this thread updated as much as possible. I have been out scouting 3 times so far and I'm going to start packing my camera to get some footage of sheep.
Thanks to all!
-MS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom