NEVADA ELECTRONIC DRAW ONLY

YukonDall

Long Time Member
WELL I GUESS NEVADA HAS GONE TO THE COMPUTER DRAW ON A MANDATORY BASIS, NO MORE PAPER APPS. THAT WAS THE NOTICE I GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY.....ANYBODY HAVE ANY TROUBLE WITH THE COMPUTER APPS ??? I HAVE HEARD NOTHING BUT BOTCH APP STORIES, ARIZONA TOTALLY DID AWAY WITH THE COMPUTER DRAW...WENT TO PAPER ONLY.....YD.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-07 AT 10:26PM (MST)[p]Been doing them online since they began the online application system and i've never had a problem. Just go slow making sure to double check all your hunt choice numbers and you'll be fine.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-07 AT 11:10PM (MST)[p]YD,
I'm sure there must be an option for those that do not have a computer or I think they might have a law suit against them, that is my view anyway.

I too have been doing the electronic and two years ago I did a group application for us and had no problem, just go slow and recheck entries.

Brian

P.S. I recently got a post card from Wyo. and saying that since I applied by Electronic mail earlier this year that I would not be getting any Hard Copy of regs & appls. At very bottom of card they said that a person could still mail in a hard copy and they could down load in 2008 application booklet OR call for info.

To be honest with you I wish they would go back to paper draw only, would increase the odds for drawing because less people would be able ot put in, becuase they would have to have the money and pay it up front instead of waiting to pay until the draw. I have been applying online ever since they started using the online system. Another thing I wish Nevada would do is go back to choosing your weapon, I have seen way too many people draw a tag for a weapon that they have never hunted with, I think it would eliminate the amount of people drawing tags for weapons they don't hunt with! IMO
Elkguide

I agree with elk guide, going back to paper only would increase the draw odds for the rest of us.

That being said I have had absolutely no trouble at all with the online apps. It's quick and easy.

ditto what everyone else has been saying, online is super easy and quick. i like it cause my handwriting is so terrible :)

I just got off the phone with one of the Nevada wildlife commission members and he said this was not true. NDOW would not exclude those who do not have access to a computer. I sure would like to see that letter!

I recieved a letter from Utah that said they were going paperless. I thought it was NDOW at first because the lettering on the envelope looks the same. Check it and make sure it Nevada.

nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif

They use the same company, same address. I agree that odds would get better in Nv. I only applied for deer and antelope before the computer process, now I apply for elk and all 3 sheep species too. Couldn't afford the x-tra $4,000.00 but would probably still put out the $1,200.00 for elk. MIXED FEELINGS!

Unlike AZ, NV acutally uses a reputable and reliable online app company. I did NV online the last couple years with no problems.

Hey AZ, when you go low bid you get what you pay for.

The Real Outdoor Pro

I like the electronic draw but elkguide has made some really good points. If we went back to paper it wouldn't hurt my feelings. fatrooster.

Yes it's true that Arizona did away with online applications because the service they used screwed it up two years in a row.

I highly doubt that the decision to go back to paper is permanent. Chances are that online applications will be back in the next couple of years.

For the record, I prefer the paper applications. Seems like there are a few less people to compete with that way.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom