Nevada Heritage desert sheep tag

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
I watched the Nevada Heritage desert sheep tag (or governors tag as it's called in some places) sell for $96,000 (!!!) at the Reno Nevada Bighorns Unlimited banquet Friday night. That makes something like $235,000 for the two desert tags and one California tag for Nevada this year. The fact that there were two 180+ rams killed in Nevada this year probably helped sell the deserts.

You can say what you want about these tags and love 'em or hate 'em, but the guys that buy them sure fork out the dough.

Wish I had known you were there - would have liked to meet.

3 tags - quarter mil - sounds like a good deal for the NV herds to me. More power to those guys that can afford the tags.

Hey Honker, yeah, too bad we didn't know we were in the same room!

That is quite the production up there, isn't it. Those guys have it down to a science. We enjoyed ourselves but had to drive home so we took it easy.

I picked up the video that has your buddies ram hunt in it but haven't had a chance to watch it.

Did you see that the Nevada apps are online as of today. Got your areas picked out?

Got my areas all picked out - crossin my fingers.

That dinner gets better every year.

I've got a great quote on that video - I was pretty tired after
hauling all the meat and my fat ass off the hill. Best thing was the pickup, which had to drive 3 hrs around the mountain range showed up a couple minutes later with a cooler of cold ones.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom