Nevada mule deer herds

LouieT

I am looking towards next deer season and was just thinking about what units to apply for. I was in the northwest corner this year 011-013 and 033 and we saw deer, just no big deer. From what I have seen and heard from other hunters the northwest corner of Nevada isn't what it use to be, not even close. I was thinking about over by Ely or area 6 where I have hunted in the past. Just wondering what others have noticed from being in the field. Thanks.

There is still some big deer in those areas just very hard hunting!! The Cali Lions have put a big hurt on the west side of the state along with drought, and wild horses. it is a no brainer there is more deer on the east side just look at the tag allocation. Good luck. How many points do you have by the way? That would also sway my vote on a tag.

This hunt would be for my dad. He has 8 points now for deer. I used up my points last year in 011-013 so I am starting over on the bonus points.

as stated from above,South of Ely.No secrets here that unit 22 is the "Hot Spot" for Big Deer.Also a Winner is units 23 & 24.Unit group 131-134,also has "Booners".I'm guessing with 8 B.P.,Your dad must be a N.R. ??? Good Luck with those 8 B.P.and don't put a unit group down You don't want to hunt --- www.silvergrandoutfitters.com

I agree, with 8 Bonus Points look at the draw odds south of Ely, big bucks, hard odds, and lots a pinion Juniper. Be ready to see more Elk than deer though!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom