Nevada newbie

S

SeanC

I was planning on doing my first out of state hunt this year (ie Nevada) and need your guys input. Should i pay all the fees but pretty much write off this year and next year as the chances of getting drawn for a first timer with 0 points are bleak. I am not going after the record holder, just want to be given the chance to hunt a mulie. what would you guys write in your 5 choices as zones that would give me the best odds? Again dont really care of the size and willing to hike my arse off. Also do i have better odds if i put in as a party, we still wouldnt have any points though. lastly i looked through the ndow website to see if dogs are allowed and could not find info? if i have a descent deer dog, do you guys recommend bringing one? sorry for all the newbie questions,
Sean

Put in for 101-108Early as your last choice, we did two years ago and drew. Even a Game Bio. told me the same thing, good luck.

Brian

I agree with Kilowatt. As a non-resident your chances of drawing would be greater if you included 10 somewhere in your 5 choices. My bro-in-law had this tag last year and we seen "alot" of deer. Also, I am almost sure it is illegal to use dogs for deer huntingin NV.

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

what amazes me is California, allows you to use dogs and Nevada does not. oh well...hows this look for the best chances of being drawn: 061,062,064,065-068 early #1
071-079,091 early #2
111-113 early #3
101-108 #4
051 early #5
My father in law hunted up by wildhorse reservoir and said it was pretty abundant up ther but that was a long time ago. Do you see any problems with this order? thanks in advance-Sean

Good luck in the draws there, but like I said earlier I would rotate the 4th & 5th choices, but then who really knows what combo will work in the draws. My choice would be what the F&G guy told me and have 10 as a "last choice".

Brian

I drew 101-108 early with no points in 05. My last choice every year till I get to 3 points OR I have something else going early Oct.

I think your definately looking at the right zones, though you may want to throw in a late hunt or two as your first couple of choices. It doesn't hurt your odds on the later choices.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom