Nevada Sword Bull

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
I was fortunate once again to tag along on a late elk hunt in our home state of Nevada. My buddy Travis was the lucky tag holder this time. Travis made a few trips to look around over the summer more for fun than anything as our group knows the unit very well.

Opening morning found myself and another friend Trey glassing from a high vantage point while Travis and his brother Jason would stay lower making it quicker for them to get into position should we spot a bull to go after. Within 30 mins we had 8 bulls spotted but mostly small 6's and raghorns. Jason called me over the radio and said they had a solid bull located in their direction.I put the spotter on him and even at 2+ miles I could see he was a GOOD bull . It took them about 30 mins to get into position as the bull fed in the trees with a smaller bull. Travis made true with his shots and put his first bull on the ground.

We measured Travis's bull at 356 inches with 21 and 22 inch swords. The last picture I included of myself with the bull to show just how long those swords really are.

27002012-11-21_10-56-59_376.jpg

38132012-11-21_10-57-17_566.jpg

7661dsc00278.jpg

2615dsc00273.jpg

8489dsc00290.jpg

91162012-11-22_08-27-01_934.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-12 AT 07:47AM (MST)[p]Kind of disappointed - I was hoping that sword was referring to the method the hunter used to kill the bull, not just his G4's!!

Awesome bull. Really beautiful. Congrats to your buddy.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Great bull. With the length on some of those tines, seems to me it would score a bit more, like in the 370's. But maybe it has short main beams and fronts??? Love that bull congrats. I would shoot that bad boy in a heart beat.

>Great bull. With the length
>on some of those tines,
>seems to me it would
>score a bit more, like
>in the 370's. But
>maybe it has short main
>beams and fronts??? Love
>that bull congrats. I
>would shoot that bad boy
>in a heart beat.

Yeah, his beams were 47 and 46 inches with a(narrow)36 inside spread. But like you mentioned still a stud for any hunt.

I've been fortunate to tag along on a lot of elk hunts but this was the funnest so far. Love the looks of this bull. Congrats again Travis!

Title still makes me think at first that the bull was killed with a sword!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Great bull...looks like a bigger bull than what he scored. Wish I would have started putting in for Nevada sooner...

Great bull, that narrow width hurt the score, But not the looks.
Congrats on a outstanding bull.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Get to growing the lucky beard back, the season is just around the corner.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Sweet! They told me they were going to put it in when i sent them the story but i havent heard back from them. I wish my mag would get here already so i can see it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom