Nevada Table Mountain Elk

BuckNRut

Hello, I was lucky enough to draw a mid season bull tag for the Table Mountains this year. I wont be scouting until mid October due to prior engagements for the next 4-5 months, so I had a few general questions to get me started. Do most hunters without horses camp in or outside the wilderness area? I guess one of the bigger questions is how will the weather be (6 Nov-20 Nov)? Is it worth taking a side x side for travel outside the wilderness? I really appreciate any help with this, its going to be a long 5 months!

Anyone have recommendations for outfitters in area 16? Not really looking for a guided hunt, just help getting in and out.

My dad or I draw an archery cow tag in there just about every year. We backpack and camp in the wilderness area every year we hunt even though its just a cow tag. Takes a lot of work, but it is well worth it. Extremely pretty country

Did anyone have any luck in the Monitors during the early season or cow season. Headed up next week for a quick scouting trip.

Just back from this weekend. Weather is still good, with little or no snow (this could change any day) with some cold mornings. Animals appear to be spread out with sign most everywhere we were, both high and low.

My Son has a bull tag late, so I am also looking for any info to make this a successful hunt (this will be his first elk tag).

>Just back from this weekend.
>Weather is still good, with
>little or no snow (this
>could change any day) with
>some cold mornings. Animals
>appear to be spread out
>with sign most everywhere we
>were, both high and low.
>
>
>My Son has a bull tag
>late, so I am also
>looking for any info to
>make this a successful hunt
>(this will be his first
>elk tag).

Thanks for the info, ill let you know how my hunt when I get back. With the late tag are you planning on camping low and hunting out of a base camp? I'm still undecided on base camp or hiking in for a few says at a time. Good luck to you and your son.

The plan is undecided, and will depend on the weather. If the weather is nice(er), we will likely spike camp on top, at least a night or two. If it is cold or plenty of snow, we will be out of a base camp.

My buddy and I harvested a bull in 16 last year. Had a blast on that hunt, will be a good time beautiful country! Weather turns on a dime up there fair warning. Good luck to you on your hunt.

Getting closer to my son's bull hunt that opens on the 21st. A couple of weekends ago, we were able to connect with two smaller bucks and a cow up on top- plenty of meat packing that took me a couple days to recover from.

Weather continues to be mostly stable with no measurable snow, even up on top, so I am expecting animals to be spread out and at the higher elevations, no reason for them to come down.

Any intel to help a 14 YO first time elk hunter to be successful would be appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-17 AT 06:55AM (MST)[p]How did your sons hunt go? Hope you guys were successful
I drew the late season cow tag. My last chance to get some meat for the freezer ! will be heading out to scout this week, Have they had much if any snow out there? Im preparing for the cold weather and planning on a base camp hunt but have never been to the area any info would be very helpful

Hi, hunted late season deer in 16. Saw more elk than deer. If you wish to hike go to mosquito creek trail head and start hiking. We saw a huge herd of elk (we started counting and my son and I think there was well over 150 with 6-7 bulls). Very few deer. Heck of a hike for this old man!

My son punched his tag on a smaller 4 pt. He just wanted a legal bull, though we were seeing elk every day of the hunt, no larger bulls, but plenty of cow/calf groups. 4 solid days of before light till after dark hunting to make this happen. Good times and a huge step forward for him as he was willing to hike 6 miles one way into the wilderness to hunt. Plenty of cows up top in the wilderness if you are willing to hike in.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom