New Accura

Been a heavy conical guy for 20 years-tinkering with sabots for the first time.

First two shots nearly the same hole and it opens up dramatically after that?

Could use some advice on how often you swab/clean? Between every shot? Every other shot? Does swabbing help with plastic build up? If not-what to do?

End of the day clean-up?

I use blue regular Windex, just damp not dripping wet. Once down and up then turn the patch over and down and up again. Then same with a dry patch. Pop a cap and reload.

I have never swabbed between shots when i use blackhorn 209. But then I only cracked off about 20 rounds in a row and was done for the day.

YOWZA! BH209 is the chit!!!!!! Swabbed every few shots to stay in practice but the groups just never started to grow like the Triple 7 did. Bet the Triple 7 would hold groups nearly as well with some swabbing too. Thanks for everyone's help!!!! 5 shots-one ragged hole!

How many grains of blackhorn? What bullet and sabot? I have the accurra also,great rifle. I use 100 grains and Barnes 290 grain bullet. Good load, but always willing to experiment.

>will Windex perform if you are
>using Black Horn 209 powder?
>

No. Blackhorn recommends an oil based cleaner. Water based with gum up with their powder. One they recommend is Hoppe.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom