New Archery Release

kidoelk777

I am looking to buy a new release! I was using the Tru-Ball Copper Head but the Velcro on the straps ran out so every time I shot with it I almost break my finger because it no longer sticks. Are there any suggestions on a release that is similar to the Tru-Ball Copper Head but has a buckle strap?

I just picked up a wiseguy and love it so far! Its been nothing but awesome and is very light on the trigger which helps me. I actually like the velcro strap, I think most like the leather buckly type but it just seems easier to get it to fit me right.

Ryan

I would pick up a Spot Hogg wiseguy or a Carter quickie. Both around $100 and they are fantastic releases. You can get the carter with either a velcro or a leather buckle.

I love my scott little bitty goose release. most of scotts releases are very good. I would stay away from vlecro if possible as it wears out like you know and it is noisy to get off during the hunt. I have had the same little bitty goose for 6 years and still haven't had to change the strap or had any issues with the calipre.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

If you like the release and it is just the velcro strap that is the problem, as long as it is the model that is attached by webbing you can always purchase a Scott buckle strap and just transfer the release onto that one. I did this with one of my carter releases that I had. The scott buckle strap is really nice. I had my archery shop order me one up in Camo.

I lost my copperhead on an antelope hunt 2 years ago. I tried a dozen different ones and didn't find anything I like. I'd switch out the strap to a buckle style. They don't make them anymore, but I picked one up on ebay. I have an itty bitty goose as a backup now, good release also.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom