New Barbary

A

archery1088

Well good news and bad for all the sheep hunters out there.My brother in law just got to see some pictures of the new pending state record Barbary in New Mexico it measure 36 inches with 18 1/2 in bases. Taken earlier this week. Hope to get some pics so i can post ,or maybe someone else can post them if they have some.

Got word from the outiftter that it was a 36" ram and 40.5" oryx week for his crew...pretty d@mned impressive. Waiting for him to post...

That's an awesome sheep. Much congrats to the guide and hunter.

I can only dream, but didn't vini post up a pic of a 38-incher? How are barbarys measured to determine numero uno?

>Got word from the outiftter that
>it was a 36" ram
>and 40.5" oryx week for
>his crew...pretty d@mned impressive.
>Waiting for him to post...
>

I'm looking for a reasonably priced Aoudad outfitter in NM. Got any suggestions?

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

498e6653747dc86f.jpg

Check this out! I think this is the new state record that everyone is talking about! It looks prehistoric!

Dont know if that's him or not what he measure . But he is a dam good sheep!

WOW, that's a nice Barbary! I would probably bring it into the hotel room as well.. But speaking from experience, just remember the do not disturb sign, or you may scare the you know what out of the maid.

Does anyone know who the outfitter was?

Stryker

holy crap as mozey say! that's way cool! big base! awesome sheep!

here are few of my pictures! I need to take down and measure my sheep! hasn't been measured for a long time since killed in 2000.
4990452557e37c9e.jpg

4990454d58921b92.jpg

4990456e5906a80a.jpg

enjoy the pictures! it was fun chase aoudad and killed 7 sheep..this one is my best one! the body was huge!

vinihunt

That is a huge ram. I have a hunt for Oryx on the 14-15 and would like to hunt sheep as well. Does anybody have any info on the outfitter who killed the oryx and the sheep. I'm driving from Wyoming depending on the amount of monney some help would be great.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-09 AT 07:48PM (MST)[p]ok lets try to clear some rumors or stir the pot up.. credible info from my sources who know the guy in the picture tell a whole different story.. the ram in the pic is 33 1/2 inches and the guy is Clay Heck, a guide!!..He wasnt working for or being guided by any outfitter for this barbary hunt which was killed on public land...but rumor has it that certain outfitters are claiming the hunt and word on the street is Compass West is claiming it..Clay also guided the 40.5" orxy hunt but has no affiliation with the outfitters claiming both animals....So im calling you out..If you say you killed a 36 inch ram..LET SEE IT..

So, the rumor mill is indeed a flowin'... two guys here on MM have killed two rams over 30" in the past two months on public and the ram pictured is NOT one of them (you know who you are and now I don't blame you jerks for not posting a d@mned thing). So, that makes three 30+ rams that I know of...could there be one monster that will own them all? I too would love to see some pics of a 36" posted on here to quiet things down...but I'm gonna' sit back and look at Vin's monster until I see pictures of something bigger.

easy boys.... here is the 40.5 x 40 we killed RC last hunt... I did hunt sheep in Pinion got a big zip did not even see one on the ranch we were hunting, went with a friend who killed a big aoudad in TX on a private ranch, not public land in NM..... Good job to ANYONE who can kill one much less on public in NM!!!

4990f59f63bfb2a3.jpg

www.200inches.com

Well that is funny...... I'm Clay Heck I sent my photo to 3 people in NM, 3 family members in WY, and one past client in TX. IT was just ment for those folks, never did i clame the ram to be 36. I have asked them all if they had sent it out to others they all say no.....funny thing is my photo made it all the way here in only 4 days. People in albq have it all over there phones. I would love to know who put my photo on here and where they got it from. I hunt hard for myself and hard for my clients i think it is pretty sad that people would try and take credit for something they have not been able to do on there own. If the outfitter needs some more photos of big stuff just let me know and i'll sell you some photos for hard cash 400 inch bulls, 40+ bull oryx, 120+coues deer, 85+ antelope, 30+barbary sheep ohh you already got a bs cell phone photo of one for free. So come forward. i posted my mes today trying to get the outfitter to come forward and try and book me for 2 hunts, so i could turn him in and let all know who he is. I just found out about this today it is a sad world........

Congrats on a hell of a sheep man. However, I think there is some crossing of stories going on here. First off, your sheep is one of three rams over 30" taken on public in NM in the past couple of months. Not the biggest or the longest, but definitely massive. Like you, the guys who took these critters will not post them and I don't blame any of you.

And Compass, thanks for posting man, seems like everyone forgets that there are more than one giant animal out there...

Hey Clay, much congrats to you on an awesome looking sheep.

Sorry you're having to deal with all this other BS that you obviously didn't ask for...

internet sure work fast! after post 1 pic then allover!

sorry !! at least a cool sheep u got! congrats!!

Vinihunt

Fair enough. Just P.M. me the GPS coordinates of where I find one of those for myself and we'll call it even... ;-)

I dont carry a GPS in fear of a lost one and others finding my spots, but here is a photo of a ram i passed on to kill my big ram. i think this one should be around 29-30 with good mass just not what i was looking for, yes this one is on public land as well. he is still out there for now and i feel good he will be there next year still alive due to the fact i have never seen another hunter there. Thanks to all of you who said good things to me over all of this bs.

"you cant kill the big one's if you shot the little one's that get in the way"

Clay

49930e837c555b45.jpg

49930ebd7df3226e.jpg

heheh...if I see that boy, I'm probably not going to be as kind hearted as you were... :)

Sweet pic!

I did lose my GPS once hiking in to my elk hunting area, and I was sweating bullets. But my buddy found it hiking back out. Someone else had found and hung it in a tree, where we were likely to spot it. I owe whoever that was big time...

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-09 AT 05:34AM (MST)[p]Here's one that my buddy Randy took before his .257 bullet left the barrel.
4994174779cc3a3e.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-09 AT 05:38AM (MST)[p]Here it is after the .257 STW bullet left the barrel.
4994182d7ad09f03.jpg

>These sheep worth eating?
> They're kinda ugly.

I guess I will find out tomorrow. Leftturn and I are having dinner with my brother-in-law and he is going to try and make us eat some sheep. I think I might bring a pizza along just in case.

Huntsalone/Clay, sorry your intro to MM was on such negative terms man. We all tend to get protective and fired up on here sometimes, but we're a pretty good crew and keep our NM forum a pretty positive one (most of the time!). It's always a bummer when someone's pics get plastered all over the place without permission but we try not to let that happen around here. It's tough when the word on big critters like yours gets out on the street but they usually work themselves out. Hope you don't let the experience sour you too much and do stick around and share pics/stories with us all.

Sweet pics JFW. Love those before and after pics, and that's a hell of a ram...seems like there's some big boys hitting the dirt this year. Just hope you guys leave a couple for me once quail season is over!

-Cody

WapatiBob: personally, I've found barbary to be excellent table fare, maybe not quite as good as oryx, but definitely better than elk or deer.

I'm confused.

In his first post huntalone7mmstw says "That is a huge ram. I have a hunt for Oryx on the 14-15 and would like to hunt sheep as well. Does anybody have any info on the outfitter who killed the oryx and the sheep. I'm driving from Wyoming depending on the amount of monney some help would be great."

Then in his second post he says he is the guy that killed the sheep.

I guess he was just fishing to see if someone would come out with a bold face lie and say they knew the outfitter that killed it?

Clay ~ What's up with the posts? Were you doing a little fishing? Either way, that it a great Barbary, regardless of all the B.S. that appears to be going on.

I think everyone needs to calm down and enjoy this site for what it is intended, not to put others down or call others out...

Vini & Compass thanks for the posts, the honesty, and the integrity.

Stryker

Hi all,
I have never hunted these and would not even know where to begin. I am hoping if somebody could give some pointers of where they are for the OTC public land hunts. I've been reading and looking at the pictures and it sounds really cool. Just looking for general locations as to where I might get started looking for a Barbary Sheep. Thanks for all the great pics and stories.
Mike...........

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom