New Binocular recommendations

muleybeast

Some piece of dog feces stole my Cabelas Alaskan Guide bino's from my truck and I need to get a new set real quick. I don't have 2k to spend on Leica's or Swarovski's, so i was wanting input from you guys on some good reasonable binoculars. Was real happy with my Alaskan Guides, but wondering if you guys could suggest an upgrade. Thanx ahead of time.

I would check out ebay and the classifieds here on MM.

Depends what you want to spend. I bet you could get some used Zeiss/swaro/leica for around 1K.

I think the Vortex, some of the leupolds and Cabelas top end stuff are pretty good to.

Looking for 8 or 10 power?

I just got some Vortex Kaibab 15x56 binos and they are FANTASTIC!!

Not cheap- but not too outrageous. Around $1050.

They have them at Sportsmans Warehouse in ABQ and I bought them from Doug at CameraLand NY.

Good luck in your search.

Check out the Zen Rays for $425 they are pretty nice. Optical clarity is better than my 10 year old Swaro SLC. Other features go to Swaro but clarity to the Zens.

Bill

I like my Pentax DCF WP model. I think there is a newer version out but for $350 they are fantastic.

Pentax is a good option! The WP's are now the SP. I have both and are nice glass. I was very suprised how nice the Vortex Diamonds are and think they can be had for around $300 or so.

I was anxious to try the vortex bino's as I'm in the market for a new pair as well. Very disappointed. Clarity is average at best, even on the Kaibab's, and Razor's which are high end. I had two buddies look at through them as well to make sure it wasn't me, but we all agreed. Never bought them as my Nikon's which are 5 yrs old and a little haggered are much clearer.

I compared my Vortex Vipers to Swarowski and found the difference minimal. Great clarity and in great in low light conidtions.

I bought a set of vortex last year and they are great. looking at getting my dad a pair.

Wow, thanks for the great response fellas. Still gonna be a tough decision, so many nice glasses out there, I'll keep you in touch with my trial and error.

You might look at Alpens,I've got some Apex 10x50's that are great,almost as good as my Steiners for clairity and low light.

Well I didi this last year and what I came up with are the minox hg 10x43. Are they swaro's? No but close very clear no eye stain after hours of glassing and were far better than any nikon pentax and vortex razors that I currently have. Doug at cameraland was great and the demos run about 500 bucks. Check them out I absolutely love mine and have no buyers remorse! And just call cameraland and get their personal opinions on what best fits with your budget!

I just call em as I see em!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom