New binoculars, advice.

J

Joemama

I'm looking at purchasing some new optics in the $200-300 range any advice on some decent bino's?

I've got Pentax 10x42 DFCs. They are awesome, and I think you could get them for close to your range if you shopped around.

I had a pair of Nikons for a while, and the Pentax are far superior in my opinion.

S.

:)

I was actually looking at the Nikon's; its good to know that you didn't like them as much. Which model in particular did you have?

i use brunton 10x42's. great glass, very durable. not sure of retail prices, but i think they are in that range somewhere. i got a deal from an outfitter friend of mine who bought several cases in a bankruptcy sale, bought a couple pairs for 75 bucks each. ive looked through binocs with names i cant pronounce, that cost a grand, theres a difference, but its not earth shattering. like they say, buy all the glass that you can afford, but i think that the bruntons give about the best bang for my buck. (especially at that price)

sam

Yeah, that's a good Ad... but has anybody tried them compared to the other models mentioned?

Often times if it's too good to be true it is.

I don't know about this particular product, but I'm a skeptic.

Joemama, it doesn't matter what binocs you get because you can't hit jack squat anyway. Maybe you should go pay for some shooting lessons before you invest in the old binocs. Just an idea;)

I don't know sambino, Joe's a pretty good shot. Mabye he can't gut a deer in one shot like you, but he's ok.

Joe -if you are looking to buy soon, Sportsmans has a no tax sale today. 11\21\03

Did you put in for sportsmans tags? I did for deer and elk along with 1500 other people. When I draw, You can bring your new optics and scout with me.

I'm gonna agree with muleyman,
It's tough to beat zeiss and for that price it's defintely a thought. Anyone tried the new Alpen optics?

-Cass

Hey Sambino, what was the size of that deer you gut shot? I think mine was bigger if I'm not mistaken.

".....and they are almost as clear as Swarovskis." A quote heard often in the past around here when discussing optical choices.

What do you mean gutshot? It was a good clean slice. It was about 22" spread. Not a real big dear, but great steaks! You want some?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom