New bow for wife

M

muledeernut

I am looking for a new bow for my wife that will have a little more poop to it than her Jennings Buckmaster. Her Buckmaster doesn't have very much power to it and she would like to make an upgrade. I am looking for something that isn't going to be too radical for her to shoot efficiently, but one that will give her more down range energy. She is petite girl and only shoots around 40 pounds. She was mentioning maybe a Matthews, but I am not sure that they make a bow for her or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx and good hunting.

Muledeernut

Sorry for the repeat question. I didn't see the post from someody else earlier. Muledeernut

I Have a Mathews Q32 which might be good for her. It has a short axle length and a short draw length. However, the poundage is more than 40 lbs. I believe it will adjust down to 55 or so. I'd be willing to give you a good deal. Let me know if you're interested.

Mathew's came out with a new bow this year for women and Juniors called the Mustang--You can get this bow in a draw weight as low as 20 lbs. all of the other Mathews bows have a 40 lb min. If her draw length is atleast 24 inches and she is comfortable shooting a 40 minimum I would suggest going with the Legacy because it has a much better brace height and is 34" ATA. The rest of their hunting bows will require a minimum of a 25" draw length--I would still suggest the Legacy because it's going to be the fastest and most forgiving bow in her range--that is if her draw legnth is atleast 24 inches.

I think a new bow for a wife is a pretty good trade. I would get a Black Widow SA II.

Well, guys, I've decided... I am buying the Hoyt Sierra-Tec. I've never been a Hoyt fan, but after shooting a variety at our local bow-shop, I really liked the way the sierra tec shot. Very smooth!!! After all, it's how comfortable you are shooting it, right?

Very good choice i know a couple of women that shoot them (including my old lady) and they are a very good bow. She will be very happy i'm sure.

Well, i for one think there should be a least a dozzen arrows and broadheads thrown in on the deal.
she's got to be worth at least that much.
show us a picture of her,
you could get a better deal if we know what were trading for.
I hate blind dates.

Just picked up the bow and we're getting it set up now. I'll let you all know how well I like it. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom